Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All , I currently have a Prius that I bought last June as a test to see if a hybrid was for me , my 32 mile each way commute is mostly highway, I wasn't sure if a this was going to save me a lot of money on gas but I needed to get out of the Jeep I was driving and it's roughly $600 fuel bill per month ... plus it had 160k miles and the transfer case was acting weird so it was time to get out of it.

I had looked at the CT also at the time but the on line magazine type reviews were not very positive and I didn't want to buy new. I wasn't finding a lot of used ones to go on a test drive in either , I was under a time crunch at the time.

Now that I've logged approx. 28k uncomfortable miles in the Prius ... which is a failure in ergonomics as far as I am concerned .... it's time to get into something more comfortable ... and FUN ... to drive. I've almost always had some type of TOY for a car ... I sold off my 95 BMW M3 , I have a 500HP Diesel Pickup and 2 1969 Dodge muscle cars , so the world of fuel sippers never appealed to me, but it's been long overdue with the price of gas where it has been for the last decade.

I have now test driven a couple of CT200's and after having logged the miles I have in a Prius I do not agree with the road tests I have read , it's a FUN car to drive compared to the Prius, still a bit of a rolling blind spot, but at least it's COMFORTABLE with the 10 way power seat and it seems a bit more peppy.

I just hope it will get close to the mileage of the Prius, which on this one is about 42-44mpg. If it's going to be in the low/mid 30's I might as well get back into a small SUV.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Yeah. I also have a 2010 Prius and the CT is way more comfortable, and despite it being heavier and technically slower, the CT is more fun to drive.
Since the weather has warmed up,I've been getting 44-46 mpg calculated. The longer your commute, the better it'll be. The hybrid system needs to get to operating temp before it'll hit its efficiency mark. If you're only driving 10 minutes at a time, your mileage won't be as good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Review

Going at 80mph drops the fuel economy to about 37mpg depending on grade of highway.
Definitely fun to drive. Bought mine because I always want a moon roof.
The ev mode stays active upto max 40mph on 0 grade.
Much heavier and stable. Better sound system.
Love the phone setup and the bluetooth streaming only available on 2012 + .
A bit bumpy for me since mine is lowered but due to the low profile tires not much difference.
F sport pack is a good option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone!! Potential New owner here as well!!! Also, new to this site, and I can't easily find how to create a new thread, so I'm just going to post here.

I'm looking into a pre-owned 2015 CT SPORT. I found a GREAT deal on the Nebula Gray fully loaded, however deep down I'm pretty set on the White Pearl. I went from looking at the new Honda HR-V, to a completely fully loaded CT. hahaha and I'm pretty excited about it!!! However, here is my question...

Is the Navigation system really worth getting?!?!?!? I was all about getting it, then a dealer told me her phone worked faster than the system and with the phone connected to the car, the step by step instructions will be heard from the car speakers. At the end of the day, what other features are useful on it that makes it really worth the price difference???? I obviously aesthetically like it, but if its not very useful, then rather have that money in the bank.

Please any and all input is greatly appreciated since I am SOOO close to purchasing this car, but can't decide between gray and white, and now this navigation is on my mind.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I can't comment specifically on the CT nav, but I have nav in my Prius and it's terrible. First off, unless you do some moderate rewiring behind the dash, all functions lock out while going over 5mph, so you can't input anything.
The nav offers a couple settings that aren't otherwise available, but if you have the Carista app and an OBD reader, you can make those changes and more. That combo will only run $30ish.

I wouldnt recommend it. Phone nav is faster and more reliable. It also updates regularly. Car nav requires an expensive map update, so most people don't even bother with them.

I'd pass on the nav.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.