Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
How much do they weigh? I was going to go with HRE. Got a great deal with them. But didn't want to take my car down for R&D.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Gotcha. Well, let me know. Weight was a factor for me since this is a hybrid AND my daily driver. But I wanted to go as VIP as possible. LOL.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha. Well, let me know. Weight was a factor for me since this is a hybrid AND my daily driver. But I wanted to go as VIP as possible. LOL.
my thought train....hybrid with 40 plus mpg i could do heavier wheels and lose a few..i was getting 28-30 with the scion with a supercharger :)..so as long as i don't get under 35 with the lexus I'm good...

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
True dat. And the stock wheel weights with TPMS are 25 whopping LBS each. There's a lot of room for improvement there.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Seriously.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I upgraded my 06 Prius to 205-60-15 BFGs on stock wheels. The tires weighed 5 lbs more per wheel, and I lost nearly 5 mpgs, but it was worth it for improved handling and wet traction. There are always compromises. I'm OK with the stock wheels on the CT. I only wish they weren't chrome. I'm not into bling chromes, and would prefer the stock alloys, or the dark gray available in Australia. I do like the wheels you are considering, just not as 19s.

A 19 will ride much worse, and probably lose a few MPGs, but it looks like you've already thought about that.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I upgraded my 06 Prius to 205-60-15 BFGs on stock wheels. The tires weighed 5 lbs more per wheel, and I lost nearly 5 mpgs, but it was worth it for improved handling and wet traction. There are always compromises. I'm OK with the stock wheels on the CT. I only wish they weren't chrome. I'm not into bling chromes, and would prefer the stock alloys, or the dark gray available in Australia. I do like the wheels you are considering, just not as 19s.

A 19 will ride much worse, and probably lose a few MPGs, but it looks like you've already thought about that.

The stock wheels are a grey finish.If you have chrome then the dealer did that.
JMHO, I feel wheels above 17" are just for looks cause ride quality suffers big time with not much gain in performance , especially for this car.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I'm doing 19"s for looks f'sho.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I think they'll look good. There's another guy on here with 19's, can't recall if they were 8.0" or 8.5" though. I have a feeling you will have rubbing issues (at the fender) if you go with the 8.5" wheels and depending on the tire sizes and wheel offset offset.

How big will the lip be?

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yikes! I hope there aren't any rubbing issues!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
We have access to a CT200H to measure. If you are interested in ordering wheels, fitment will not be an issue.
I believe the factor that could impact this is the tire size. Will 245's fit in there? If so, what aspect ratio?

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI, I did 18" Enkei Rajin Wheels (pretty light, about 19lbs I think), and 215-40-18 Yokohama tires, and I LOST about 40 miles per tank of gas (9 gallons)! I went through 3 tanks just to be sure. For the extra money I spent on a hybrid, I did not think it was worth it. They did look great on the car though! Took them off, and now I am about to order 17 inch Axis XMX @ 20 lbs a piece. Gonna keep the oem Michelins. Won't look as good as the 18's, but I'll keep the gas mileage hopefully.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts