Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had an idea, am not sure if it will work.

Assuming the software is robust and is able to detect if the player is a CD drive or a DVD drive, if we were able to swap out the CD drive to a DVD drive, would that enable us to watch DVDs or play data DVDs on the nav only ct200h models?

As the UK models already have the Mark Levinson DVD player and options which appear on the nav screen for selection, I am thinking that the software should be programmed to recognize whether its a CD player or a DVD player and to offer the playable options based on the hardware installed. Plug & Play is the term I'm thinking of.

Not sure how difficult it would be just to disassemble the head unit and find a matching dvd drive to plug in and test it out though. But if it works, the lcd screen will become much more useful ;).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have thought about the Mark Levinson in my US version. I am sure that the wiring harness and connectors to hook up the units are different from ML to non-ML. I have the manual on CD, and I will confirm this, or a pic of the back of the ML and the non-ML units will confirm also. VAIS is making a mod hook-up for the ct200h, that will allow the use of NAV screen for dvd viewing. It is around $500. It is suppose to have Pandora and smart phone interface.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are able to get the ML into the US version, would it affect the GPS and maps?

I was thinking more of changing the drive from a CD drive to a DVD drive so that I don't affect the rest of the navi software.

Besides, where are you getting the ML system from? I can't seem to find a place to order one.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have the UK model with the Mark Levinson hi-fi. While the DVD player will play films, it does not play data DVDs with MP3s on them. This is a serious omission imho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts