Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Xenondepot HIDs in my CT and now have a pretty pronounced hot spot from the drivers side. It's almost like the driverside is acting like a spot light and the pass side is acting like a flood light. I havent tried adjusting the headlights yet. Sidnt want to screw that up if that isnt the issue. I did swap the bulbs from side to side with the same results. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Swapping in HID bulbs to halogen projectors usually will result in hot spots since the housing wasn't made for HIDs. I too have some hot spots after swapping to HIDs. The only solution to this problem is to replace projector unit with HID ones.

·
380 Posts
The only solution to this problem is to replace projector unit with HID ones.
Another way is to go into the projector and use a piece of a coke can with some JB weld and stick it over the 'squirrel spotters' above the cutoff plate. I haven't and probably would never do that, but it eliminates the rectangular bleed above the cutoff line.

Hotspots are normal as the optics of the projector aren't designed for HID use, but it's still not distracting to me and the output is worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts