Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was recently installed in an accident (T-boned by driver that ran Red light) and my car was deemed totaled by insurance. I've been doing a lot of research for a new car and have narrowed it down to the CT200h. I'm going to view a 2016 CT200 F-Sport about 50 minutes from where I live and would like a few suggestions on what to look for.

The car has a total 67,000 with a total of 4 owners, which is a downside for myself. I'd much prefer a 1 owner vehicle but it isn't a deal breaker. Overall the car is in good shape with the exception of blemishes in the rear bumper and a windshield chip. It does come with the original window sticker and manuals which is a plus for me.

It's currently priced at $26,000 but KBB is showing a private party value range between $21.4k-$23.5k. I'd appreciate any advice! This is my first used car purchase in quite sometime and although I do have an eye for certain things, I'd like to make sure all my bases are covered.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
362 Posts
It's hard to say about pricing these days, it is what it is. But there's nothing special aside from the usual hybrid stuff. Make sure it starts up from dead cold super smooth.

·
Registered
2012 Premium with Nav
42 Posts
As TobiasSing said, prices are hard to judge. I can say there isn't too much that can go wrong with these cars at that milage... they’re pretty bullet proof. You should be able to look up its oil change and service history through Lexus Enform, assuming the work was done at the dealership and you have the VIN. Oil changes < every 10k miles is fine.

If you want to get technical on the 600V battery you can download the Dr. Prius app and buy an associated bluetooth obdII reader. I use this one, its $26 and works well: "TONWON Car OBD2 Code Readers, OBDII Bluetooth Scan Tool Car Diagnostic Tool Vehicle Scanner for iOS and Andiord". Mind you Dr. Prius has its criticisms too.

If the car has been sitting for a while or in low use in the last 6 months or so you may need to look out for things like brakes and the 12V battery. In particular the rear brakes. They're controlled electronically, so their usage is much lower, they may actually go bad from under usage!

Information out there on third gen Priuses are much more in depth. the CT200h is basically a dressed up Prius. I would look over there. Additionally, test all of the electrical features in the car. I've found first hand Lexus electronics are hard to diagnose / find information on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey hey - very cool to see a potential 2016 F-Sport owner. That's what I have in the blue. What color is the one you're looking at?

I got mine with almost 69K miles on it, 2 prior owners, and paid $27K in March of 2022. No problems other than it needs an alignment and I love, love, love that car. I previously had a Prius C, so this is a major upgrade in every sense (except gas mileage!) over the Prius C.

I'm currently getting 52 mpg over the course of a tank per fill up but I also tend to drive in low traffic and low speed situations which helps keep my car in electric rather than gas mode.

While I can't offer what to look for, I would like to know if you ultimately buy the car and how you like it. Remember, this is a hybrid so there's nothing really performance about the vehicle, but if you go into the purchase understanding that, I think you'll be very pleased with the car. All around an absolute fantastic choice of vehicle and I hope you end up with it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts