Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am a new 2012 CT200h owner, I bought it used - with 138k kms on it (I am from Ontario Canada). In 3 weeks of ownership, the car has chugged gas like its no one's business! I dont get more than 400 kms (248 miles) on a full tank. I drive in "eco range" and avoid going into the "power" mode. I am not sure what i am doing wrong? there are no lights on the dash. the tires are new, wheels are balanced and alignment has been checked. I called a local mechanic and asked him to "test" my battery and he said unless there is a light he would not do that as it needs a 2-day stay or something weird like that?? i don't wanna take it to the dealership and get robbed to know something basic like "new sparks or XYZ needed"... anyways please give some feedback? what could it be?

·
Registered
19 Posts
There's definitely an underlying issue. What gas are you using? Could there be something wrong withe the fuel filter? a leak?-though this would be obvious. I fill up on 87 and the cruising range varies from time to time. Sometimes I get 440 which is the most i've noticed and sometimes 390 all while the gas light is on ..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's definitely an underlying issue. What gas are you using? Could there be something wrong withe the fuel filter? a leak?-though this would be obvious. I fill up on 87 and the cruising range varies from time to time. Sometimes I get 440 which is the most i've noticed and sometimes 390 all while the gas light is on ..
is that 440 miles? or kms? i use 87 gas, i think i should get an oil change and the needed maintenance on the car.( fuel injectors/spark plugs) changed? I drove 40 kms both ways just now and the crusing range went down by 80km! i was in rolling traffic ? in EV and eco mostly? i am not sure whats going on with the car? i did buy it used so god knows what the previous owners did with the car

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was having issues with rattling and shaking and fuel range was roughly 376 on full tank. I address issues known for the rattle and shake and it increased a bit. (Egr cooler and egr valve cleaning) Decided to change plugs and what a world of difference. Try looking into changing plugs. After changing mine my fuel range is around 520.

·
Registered
148 Posts
248/8.5 = 29.1 mpg. That can be normal for a CT200h based on how you drive.
If you are driving 80mph all the time and have many short drives then you can get as low as 29 mpg. I normally get around 31 to 32 mpg. 29 mpg is pretty much the lowest it goes.

The only way to get 35+ mpg is to drive at slow speeds and stop and go traffic. Then you can get over 40+ mpg if you do that all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts