Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
We are actually in the same boat as you! My wife and I traded our 2007 RX350 for the 2012 CT200H back this summer. Although we love what the CT offered in terms of economy and fun city driving, it does have limitations to what our needs are. Four negatives we did not expect from the CT when we purchased the car: 1) Highway driving is not pleasant especially driving across a steeper bridge (which I need to do daily for work), 2) rear door entrances for family and friends are a bit small (we overlooked this feature probably thinking we are not the ones sitting at the back) 3) front passenger seat adjustments are non-powered and only 4-way which is a bummer... And again didn't realize we missed power seats and driver getting 6-way power while front passenger just 4-way non-power (But I was told 2013 technology package has 4-way power seats), 4) the seats and door openings are actually rather low for even daily city drivers. There were quite a few instances where the front passenger, when getting out needed to be careful when opening door when car was parked at street curb parking. Some of city curbs are actually high enough that may actually scrape the CTs front passengers door when opened to half way! But, all that said, we still really enjoy the CT and knew what CT offered when we traded our RX350, but we just realized CT would be a great city car and maybe a secondary car for our needs...

Now, the new B250 from Mercedes does look very interesting and on paper combined 6.9l/100km city / highway at 200hp / 250 torque. The B250 is priced similar to the CT200H @ $30k and loaded with nav at $40k. Will be going for a test drive this weekend to see if this car can offer what the CT is lacking for us..

Please note, we are not CT haters! We are a CT owner but realizing some deficiencies having driven it daily for 5 months 9200km...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts