Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
My sentiments exactly. The 4 banger is loud with no guts for freeway driving, but then again, it's an econo-car. I just wish I was getting great gas mileage like some other drivers are reporting on this forum. My average is around 32-36 mpg and I've never gotten over 40 mpg even on a good day.
You should have your car checked out, even the mook's at R&T got 40mpg in their tests and they are all quite lead-footed. I couldn't get that poor mileage if I tried. Our teenaged son drove my CT for a few days and even he got in the high 38's.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The CT is a compromise, you need to understand that before you buy one. If you can't deal with not having lots of power then you should run away screaming immediately. You give up that power in favor of ridiculously high fuel mileage. Most cars will give you more of a balance between the two but with the CT its definitely (obviously) biased in favor of mileage.

The CT does handle fairly well though and I think its quite stylish. It's also reasonably comfortable and has lots of amenities in the cabin. Sure there are little niggling things (and I niggle about them all the time) Crap sunvisors, no power passenger seat and no seat memory unless you pay full freight for real leather seats are all shameful and the Toyota execs should be jumping off buildings in shame for allowing any Lexus to be shipped in such condition. All that said, the CT is fun to drive, saves me a fortune in gas and hauls everything I need it to.

And will everyone please stop wanking about interior space!!, Its a compact car, do you all not get the concept of a small compact car?? Its not an RX or (God forbid) a Camry. If you need to haul kids, lots of friends or building supplies around you'd have to be MENTAL to buy a CT, go buy something that suits your needs. Here in SoCal though most of us just drive around alone, why haul around a bunch of extra car that you don't need:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts