Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting for delivery of my ct200h and read somewhere that it is not possible to play a dvd on the ML dvd system while driving. my daughter of 12 years likes to watch a dvd on long rides. Me myself have a large collection of music dvd'd i like to play in the car.
is there an override/hack for this? i'm living in the Netherlands, Europe. is it possible that it works differently in Europe just like the navigation system does?

renzie

·
Registered
13 Posts
No. It's just as dangerous in Europe as the US. If your daughter wants to watch a DVD, get her a portable DVD player...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not sure how the passenger viewing a DVD on a portable player is safer than on a built in. In fact having a portable player in the vehicle presents a projectile hazard in the event of an accident. Now if your concern is that a driver should not be watching a DVD while driving, then I would agree. Smoking, reading, applying makeup, eating, doing crossword puzzles are not good ideas either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure how the passenger viewing a DVD on a portable player is safer than on a built in. In fact having a portable player in the vehicle presents a projectile hazard in the event of an accident. Now if your concern is that a driver should not be watching a DVD while driving, then I would agree. Smoking, reading, applying makeup, eating, doing crossword puzzles are not good ideas either.
The latter, I agree with your first point but of course you can get DVD players that attach to the back of headrests, so wouldn't present the hazard you describe. I have a Samsung one.

·
Registered
131 Posts
But honestly, the lock its a stupid and irritating thing! Especially that you have to stop to enter a new destination on the nav.
We over here aint as stupid as americans that we need warning signs and security fences to avoid all danger *duck from flying items* ;) :D

Nah seriously, its only electric and its only a signal telling the nav to lock so its quite simple. Just need to find the right wire and how to manipulate (most often just grounding, but in some cases u need a resistor or something like that). But to answer your question: No, right now there is no one that have fixed and made a guide over this.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is what you are looking for:

Prestigious Society Navigation and Video Enhancement Module

$350

You can read about it in various forums, but once installed, there's a switch that will override the lockout. You are then free to use the nav or to play a movie on the screen. When you want to use the nav again, you have to switch it back. And if I recall correctly, there's a "delay" for the nav unit to re-locate the GPS satellites before it starts to "work" again.

I remember there was an alternative to this one, it was also a little cheaper. But there was something about that one that I did not like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts