Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Used Plasti Dip for the first time to see if I like having black rims and trim. Debating about powder coating the rims.

Plasti Dip peels off if you don't like the look or make a mistake. - YouTube "Plasti Dip" to see what others are doing.

Still debating about whether or not I like the look.

I took the wheels off to do the rims.

As you can see I removed the plasti dip from the rearview mirror because I didn't like it. Took about 2 minutes to remove, literally peels right off.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
I think it turned out pretty good. Now did you dip the inside of the rims also? How many cans (or did you use the gallon) did you end up using? I've been thinking of dipping the chrome around the windows also, I did the chrome piece on the grille in black and it turned out great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It wasn't a fisheye lens...it was the panorama on the iPhone.

Anyways I can take some "normal" pictures with my regular camera.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used 2 cans. I took 1 tire off at a time, cleaned the rims with soap n water, then used denatured alcohol to wipe them down. I did paint the inside of the rim because you can see the silver if you don't do that. Right now I only did one side of the car. I am going to leave it for a month to see how I feel one way or the other. I got the Plasti Dip off amazon.com and bought the 6 pack because it was the cheapest option and came with a free "hand sprayer". Great stuff and easy to work with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts