Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have finally decided on the CT200h... easy choice.

Prius starts at nearly 28,000K here anyways, so why not just pay the premium for lexus :D

I am still debating between the black and grey mica, but will likely only pick up the base model. It will be a cash purchase, and the sale of my car now will likely cover the entire amount of the base CT... so why bother entering into a monthly payment that's not necessary. I can't justify paying the $8,400 for Nav, geniune leather, LED lights, moonroof, etc. The only thing I care about is NAV (having in-dash voice activated NAV in my car now, it has been hard to swallow that 8,400 is not worth the in-dash nav when I don't care about anything else).

Well, now that everyone knows my life story I can say hello and thanks for having me ;)!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow - 16 weeks! This is why I am hoping to just not be too picky with colours and see what base models are available in the near future. One dealer mentioned he's getting a few cars in about 4 weeks delivered and showed me their database - nothing interested me at the time, but hopefully if I call every dealership in Ontario, a black on black base model will pop up lol.

As I stated, every month I wait is about $450 down the drain. It is certainly disappointing to hear about the situation, however, 2 cars ago, I purchased a 2003 mazda3 4 door and even though it was a "pre-packaged" model, I still had to wait 8 weeks. This must be fairly typical of new models.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know, so jealous. Even after taxes and import fees (6.1% since the car's made in japan), total is about $42,000 with NAV from the US dealer. But you don't get leather, LED lighting, and probably a few other stupid options that they just throw in there... I don't really care too much about geniune leather or LED lighting, but the NAV package for $3500 is such a better option that $8,400 for a bunch of stuff I don't care about!

apparently though, the US Lexus dealers won't sell to anyone who does not have a US address and US insurance coverage. Still out of my price point, but still.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.