Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Fsport w/o display. I'm thinking of some how installing a display in the car. Has anyone installed a display before? Any suggestions on where to install it?

·
381 Posts
You mean replacing the headunit? Honestly, the CT is pretty bad when it comes to aftermarket headunits. It's a non-standard DIN size, so it'll require some fabrication for a good fit.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have seen it online somewhere that someone put in a touchscreen where the cd player and those knobs are located. I honestly wouldn't suggest it though. If you were using that screen for gps you would have to completely take your eyes off the road to look. Maybe it is only for music control then it would be okay but thats quite an expensive custom job just for cosmetics really.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will be doing this very install in a few weeks in a 2013 non-navi that I bought earlier this week. Granted it looks like a challenge, not impossible. From reading here, I know we need to fabricate a clean dash kit as most of the 6.1 screens are a tighttt fit and no kit is actually made for this model any year from what I can tell. I'm looking at mm when shopping for these things, I found a few but i'm still looking honestly price/features etc.

My target is to get one with Apple CarPlay and build out a custom amp/sub enclosure for a singe 10', new door speakers all around, add a backup camera and rewire all the steering wheel and console controls. I'll be honest its a task from what i've seen so far but the results will be far beyond factory. An audio shop like custom sounds would likely charge you close to $1k just to install a radio (its not easy) but it can be done. It will be September before I can actually start the build and it will likely take a few weeks considering the fabrication thats involved not only on the sub enclosure but the dash kit as well. I will post pictures here, as we typically do this on other builds. Should be a fun project, lot of work...

I purposely bought this car without factory nav, I had a 10' Acura with Nav and a Tech package before this and the Map DVD updates, difficult controls, flat sound all were a turn off. Best thing it did was help the resale value of the car. As far as practicality Google/Apple CarPlay is where its at when it comes to Nav/Audio systems 4G integration, live maps, streaming music, text, email all synced through your phone... neat stuff. Pioneer/Alpine seems to be the best that offer this functionality from what i've seen. I've installed a few of these and they are really cool, I'll start a thread here when we start the build. i'm targeted to spend $1500 all in but i'm thinking its going to take 40-60hrs of work :/

·
Registered
688 Posts
It's amazing to me that there isn't an installation kit for this car. Seriously Crutchfield has one for everything, but not this car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts