Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pictures with different tire sizes on OEM wheels?

Hey all! New to the forum. Looking for some elaboratation on tire size changes on factory 17's (225/45R17; 215/50R17; 215/55R17). Very curious on the ride quality as well as ride height and how they fill the wheel wells. Read some discussion on the topic but couldn't find anywhere that someone has actually gone through with it. Interested in feedback on the outcome, with pictures!

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dont have any pictures nor have I done exactly what you are asking for but I have always tried to put wider tires on a car than what it came with and I am always fighting the percent error in the speedometer. If you go with 225/45R17 the percent error will be 1.42% if you go with 215/50R17 the percent error will be 3.32% and if you go 215/55R17 it will be 6.43%. I was always told to try and stay under 5%. With all that being said if you are wanting more side wall then it may be best to try and find a 16 inch wheel. YOu could get one thats light and saves you more fuel but also will allow you to run a 215/55R16

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got my 225/50/17, so far so good. happy with ride quality, less tire to fender gap (looks mildly dropped), without any significant change in mpg. there's absolute not rubbing at all despite warning from my tire dealer and installer. I will take some pics when i get a chance. draw back is speedometer being off a bit, which i don't care

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just put new tires on yesterday, 215/55r17 and should have done this when i bought the CT

Weeks searching to replace the rims to accommodate Larger sidewall rubber.. I can't stand the nail-biting "here comes a bump hang-on" anticipation..

This is a Lexus, to put this skinny 45 Low profile tire on such a car is ignorant..

Alright- after many Days doing math and research
Yes we can Save our rims and sensors, and Still be happy..

i selected Hancook Kynergy ST (h735) 215/55r17 multi-compound tire here folks, Very quiet too.
psi 32lbs and i am Happy.. Went from 3.8" of sidewall rubber to 4.8" perfectly fits the CT wheel well.. Remember the rim bead does occupy almost an inch of sidewall folks.

The CT should have came with 16" rims.. Period..
Don't worry on speedo, it's only 22mm differential, and speedometer is 1.3mph off anyways..

and Here are the pics..

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks good. Might have to consider that size when I need tires for my car.

Just put new tires on yesterday, 215/55r17 and should have done this when i bought the CT

Weeks searching to replace the rims to accommodate Larger sidewall rubber.. I can't stand the nail-biting "here comes a bump hang-on" anticipation..

This is a Lexus, to put this skinny 45 Low profile tire on such a car is ignorant..

Alright- after many Days doing math and research
Yes we can Save our rims and sensors, and Still be happy..

i selected Hancook Kynergy ST (h735) 215/55r17 multi-compound tire here folks, Very quiet too.
psi 32lbs and i am Happy.. Went from 3.8" of sidewall rubber to 4.8" perfectly fits the CT wheel well.. Remember the rim bead does occupy almost an inch of sidewall folks.

The CT should have came with 16" rims.. Period..
Don't worry on speedo, it's only 22mm differential, and speedometer is 1.3mph off anyways..

and Here are the pics..

·
Registered
32 Posts
an Update with 215/55 R17 tires?

Wife just called and said, i'm at the dentist office and the computer says 47mpg i Love the new Kynergy tires

Well that's an unexpected shocker here in Michigan warming car up constantly..

Make no mistake, purchase Hancook Kynergy h735 tires
32psi and good to go

·
Registered
32 Posts
a ps to the update with 215/55 R17 tires?

Traction
Yes there is a Lot of traction
Ice
Snow
Water
Dry
Hot and cold

These tires Stick

From the garbage Michelin Primacy to this, is like AM handheld radio to a Surround Sound Bose

Massive sound drop, nice n quiet as well..

The Kynergy h735 is now thee only tires I get for all cars..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently installed the "Hankook Kinergy ST H735 all Season Radial Tire-215/55R17 94H" on to my 2011 CT200H. Now the ride feels much better, no more anxiety issues with hitting Pot holes. I was wondering if anyone has been able to re-calibrate their Speedometer since now with the new larger diameter tires the speed is off by 6.9%. I have search a lot of Forums but no luck. I saw in one of the Forums they had used a "Yellow Box" Speed tuner however not for the CT200H. Does anyone know where the "Vehicle Speed Sensor" for the CT200H is located (Gearbox or elsewhere, whether its 2 or 3 wire sensor). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like the look of the tires you put on, I'm thinking about changing mine. I have a 2015 ct, original tires, original rims. If I want to change over to these Hankook tires do I need to get new rims also? If so any recommendations?

·
Registered
32 Posts
ReRead my previous posts, i answer a great many questions, including speed difference with the new size tires..

Clocked on Radar (sheriff buddy)
35 is 35.1
40 is 40.7
50 is 51.3
70 is 72.5

I told everyone Stock is calibrated under speed by manufacturer (confirmed over 1% below indicated, hence constant tailgating), no need to worry.. and less tailgaters.. Don't let 6% fool you, more like how it's Supposed to be..

Yes on stock rims
You won't regret putting these 55's on your stock rims, and wish you did from the get go..

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you have the 17" rims then these tires "215/55R17" will work. I put these tires on my original rims.
👍

Just installed Hankook Kinergy ST H735 all Season Radial Tire-215/55R17 94H on my 2012 fsport. Zero rubbing and very noticeable drive quality. The only downfall is the car sits higher now, but I knew that going in. Thanks for the recommendation!
👍

1 - 20 of 23 Posts