Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Just had a chance to take some new pictures of my new CT200H!

I Love this car!
At least you got the right color combination...(I"m not biased or anything). Looks great. Having owned the black for almost 2 months now, it is really HARD to keep clean but when it is, nothing shines like a black car. Look at my older posts on this site. I used Zaino to wash and polish the car and it got rid of any slight swirl marks that may have been in the paint...the car is better than waxed...when it rains, the water doesn't just bead it literally runs right off my car. I love it. Congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At least you got the right color combination...(I"m not biased or anything). Looks great. Having owned the black for almost 2 months now, it is really HARD to keep clean but when it is, nothing shines like a black car. Look at my older posts on this site. I used Zaino to wash and polish the car and it got rid of any slight swirl marks that may have been in the paint...the car is better than waxed...when it rains, the water doesn't just bead it literally runs right off my car. I love it. Congrats on the new car.
Thank you sir and I agree there is something about a black car that just screams at you. I entertained different colors but they just didn't feel the same as black.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good Taste

Wizard,

Look just like mine :) BTW... you don't have the front plate either. I hope the cops have better things to do than making us putting the front plate on.

Tim
We both have good taste. They told me that the DMV is behind and should expect plates within 90 days. Knocking on wood now with hopes that the cops won't give me to much of a headache.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wizard,

I tinted mine 15 for all the back windows; 50 for the front windows. Much cooler when the afternoon sun hits the driver side. It's not "legal" to have 50 for the front windows, but it's not too dark.

Tim

·
Registered
516 Posts
We both have good taste. They told me that the DMV is behind and should expect plates within 90 days. Knocking on wood now with hopes that the cops won't give me to much of a headache.
Here in Florida, we ONLY have the rear plates...nothing on front. When I purchased my car in Massachussetts over the phone, I remembered to tell them NOT to drill the holes and NOT to put a frame on the front. It's one thing if you need to by law but didn't want the ugly frame on the front if we don't need a plate up there.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Not sure yet. got a call Sunday about something close but I am sure it is not the Red one. plus right now I am in Palm Springs and won't be back down until Monday. Will keep you guys posted.
Seacliff,
Magnussens in Freemont has a loaded red one available $38K ( MSRP) with black leather, nav, LED if you are interested.

P.S. - Wizard - very nice car CONGRATS ..thanks for the pictures

·
Registered
245 Posts
Black on black. I don't know how/why you "guys" do that. Let me include my husband in the lot. It's like an oven in there. Even if the nuluxe doesn't melt seems like you would.

I guess most don't have to endure my heat/ humidity combo.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Black on Black. Nice color choice. Love the black interior with silver accents

As to it being an oven, I don't live in Texas so it ain't to bad lol :p

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Black on Black

Yes, "black" exterior is beautiful and looks the best if it is keep clean, washed and polished. Everyone need to have their "BLACK FIX" at least once.

And black interior is absolutely the best color!.

I am coming off a black/black and even in Texas the heat is okay unless you have to park outside for extended period. My biggest problem is the gear shift gets too hot too touch, but most of the time it is not parked outside that long.

I have had silver. gold, blue, red and white in addtiona to black. But next to black or even better than black my favorite Lexus color is "Absolute Red", but alas the CT only comes in Matador Red Mica which I am gettign very soon. ... Actually this will be my 5th car in a burgundy/cordovan type color. Let's see if "Absolute Red" ( I had an Absolute Red IS300) were available it would have been my 5th car in the bright red color (S2000 is "New Formula Red", a bright red).

Keep your black "shined" and enjoy. Try this ---Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax- just spray and wipe :)

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I have tinted windows so it doesn't really get too hot. But if you have problem with shifter becoming too hot have you thought about putting 3M Di-Noc on chrome top with Carbon fibre material. Might help against heat resistance.

I've thought about that if it becomes a problem and even taking the insert above glovebox and covering that as well for bit of flavor

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.