Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can see how bright and white the license plate LED's are as the reflection off the bumper looks pretty cool at night time.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks great! I'm planning to install the LEDs as well, and am wondering about the best place to get the best product. I've seen several different responses in the forum from others that have purchased these. Where did you source your lights?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Looks great. Love the plate too - mine reads "KICKSGAS" !

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like your plate as well...I am only allowed 7 letters with our without a space...also, wanted it to sound like KICK *** when read quickly

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got mine at Amazon.com for about $10 or $11 the set. They are super bright white. After I got them, I realized they were the 42 LED configuration and won't screw into the holder but will lay flat nicely in the space up where the factory bulbs go...and they are really a bright white...looks awesome at night...and especially with the chrome bumper guard catching the reflection off the white light

·
Registered
85 Posts
You can see how bright and white the license plate LED's are as the reflection off the bumper looks pretty cool at night time.
Hey, bondguy......where did you get the chrome bumper guard ? Is it just a stick-on ? Looks sharp with the LED's !

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chrome bumper guard is from Sewall Lexus parts online...about $70 and yes it is just stick on but it is very secure...doesn't look like something you have to worry about coming off when it gets wet

·
Registered
85 Posts
Chrome bumper guard is from Sewall Lexus parts online...about $70 and yes it is just stick on but it is very secure...doesn't look like something you have to worry about coming off when it gets wet
Thanks...I thought it was an after market item but it looks like you got it from the Lexus dealership which is even better ! I'll try mine...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you look on Sewalls website it shows install instructions which say it is supposed to come with a template...lining up the two holes on each end with hatchback open...mine had nothing inside the box except the part...and a paper on how to take care of it and clean it. On the outside of the box was an instruction for an install memo that said it could be found on the Toyota info system...I gave it to my Lexus dealer and gave the guy $20 to install it and center it properly...make sure if you are getting it from Sewall that you are registered on their site to get the discount price...list price was like $114 and the discount brought it down to either $69 or $79...can't remember which

·
Registered
842 Posts
BTW do they come with guides so it would be dead center? Thanks! :)
If you go to the Sewell site and look up the part (hint-exterior part), on one of the pages there is a link to the installation instructions. Those instructions show a template for both sides, unfortunately, most printers reduce the size of the print when you print them on a home printer so you then have to use an enlarging copier to blow it up about 5% or maybe 4% depending on your printer, but there is a 2 inch measurement you can use to check to see if the template is accurate.

You put the template on both sides, tape it down with masking tape or even scotch tape and then you PRACTICE laying the part down so the front edge matches the template and you have a perfect fit. I had to "adjust" the template so it was exactly where the part ended, but then you just take the backing off the tape and plop it down, just be careful, but if I can do it, anyone can. I usually have trouble drawing a straight line with a ruler...my damned finger keeps getting in the way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts