Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Lookin - good

Only took a year and a half for Lexus to make it available !!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Still like the clear one better as it covers the actual lip of the bumper. This one doesn't.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree...the clear one is just a film that stiks on...thin film like tinting. The metal chrome one is much thicker and is to protect when loading things like luggage or bulky items into the car. Nothing is foolproof but to me the chrome one looks better...but everyone has a different opinion on which one is for them. I l ike this one as the LEXUS is nice and embossed and being that the US version of the CT doesn't say hybrid or Lexus anywhere on the rear of the car it's kind of nice to have the Lexus name embossed ( I know the clear one has it too but you can barely see it).

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not yellowish at all...must be the lighting. Also, when my license plate white LED's light up at night, it reflects nicely off the chrome of the bumper...looks pretty cool at night

·
Registered
8 Posts
I absolutely love your custom plate. And the chrome bumper protector looks awesome! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
i like how it looks. my older car has scuffs because it doesn't have a protecting plate.

any group buys on this as well as the nice FSport shifter knob planned?

·
Registered
90 Posts
No doubt it looks very nice but to me it doesn't really provide much protection from when you're loading stuff as the edge of the bumber is still very much exposed to scratching.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It looks nice, but I think it could have been designed a bit differently to provide maximum protection. On a black car especially, that area is going to take some abuse when loading and unloading. I just don't think that offers enough protection. It does look good, though. And I am sure it is better than the film that I have.

I'd be interested in a group buy on this as well, if one was worked up.

·
Registered
842 Posts
It looks nice, but I think it could have been designed a bit differently to provide maximum protection. On a black car especially, that area is going to take some abuse when loading and unloading. I just don't think that offers enough protection. It does look good, though. And I am sure it is better than the film that I have.

I'd be interested in a group buy on this as well, if one was worked up.
Why would a black car be more abused than any other color?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Why would a black car be more abused than any other color?
You've obviously never owned a black car. I've owned two which is why I now own a white car. Black cars only look good the day they are washed. Then they just get dusty and dirty. They don't get more dusty or dirty compared to any other car they just show it ALOT more. They also show every blemish, scuff and swirl mark. Hence the rear bumper would should a lot more abuse. Get it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
How's the protector holding up? I also have a black CT and debating between the metal protector and the clear one. Would you happen to have a pic of the rear from a distance? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got this without the logo instead & it also protect the edge of the bumper.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts