Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, so I'm finally picking up some aftermarket wheels for my obsidian CT. I'm torn between these two, and I'd like your input on your favorite design!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2nd pic - I prefer that rim
It does look more "sharp" in my opinion. The only thing that is holding me back is the silver colored interior... I am trying to go for an all out "murdered" black look for my CT. I haven't seen the 2'nd wheel in real life, so it's a little hard to imagine if the silver would stand out too much in real life or not.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First one! It has a cap over the bolts, so you don't have to clean around the bolts when you wash your wheels. :D
Oh wow, I didn't notice that! That's actually a huge plus. Hmm decisions decisions...

·
Registered
79 Posts
it would look somthing like this, im trying to refrain from showing the car too much, but heres a pic for a reference.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Visually I like the 2nd one quite a bit better.

But if you're doing black on black on black with an extra helping of black, you know the look, where light just falls into the car never to escape, well, paint and clear coat the inside of the wheel (can't cost that much) and find the 'caps' used in the wheel above and rig the same thing (properly).

Oh hey, you're in the Bay Area. I've got peeps for that here. Call Kurt at Maaco in Palo Alto, tell him you know that Geek with the PT Cruisers. He'll give you a quote on the painting and it won't be expensive at all, but it will look wicked good and it'll last. We get a 'fleet' discount there, and he's done at least 5 full paint jobs for me. Got another vehicle ready to get done that I need to get down there this week. (650)493-6110

Would it be safe to assume the weights are similar on both wheels?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Who makes these wheels? Do you know the weight of these vs. the stock ones?

I plan to do aftermarket (VOLK) TE37's in gun-metal since they are super lightweight and should help MPG and speed since the weight decrease here would have obvious advantages :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like the 2nd one (the 'Y' spoke design). They will show plenty of 'silver'/bare metal of the brake rotor and caliper anyway, so doubt the gray inside will stand out that much. If there is a sizable difference in weight, then I'd go with which ever is lighter. Will look good either way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Go for No. 1. Reasons:
1) The 2nd has 10 lug holes in which you will only use 5. The rest are empty and you will be cleaning all 10, regardless. The 1st has a cover. Out of sight. Out of mind.
2) The silver interior of the 2nd makes the wheels look smaller. The 1st has spokes spilling right to the circumference and is flushed so the wheels appear bigger than it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts