Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my official first post!

We picked up our new CT last night Premium without the Nav. Smokey Granite with the Black Nuluxe interior. Love the car and glad we waited for this color to get in. Love the dash without the Navi (Cleaner), but miss the features that the Navi does bring to the car besides navigation. If you are debating and have questions make sure you ask up front as many of the Lexus luxury features are related to the optional packages, but at the same time the car is amazing even without these.

Just wanted to take a minute to say thanks for all the posts as it has been good to get the insight before making the final decision. I am a very technical individual and in return am willing to help people with questions or issues that they might run in to.

Keep the good info flowing everyone.

·
Registered
516 Posts
OK, my official first post!

We picked up our new CT last night Premium without the Nav. Smokey Granite with the Black Nuluxe interior. Love the car and glad we waited for this color to get in. Love the dash without the Navi (Cleaner), but miss the features that the Navi does bring to the car besides navigation. If you are debating and have questions make sure you ask up front as many of the Lexus luxury features are related to the optional packages, but at the same time the car is amazing even without these.

Just wanted to take a minute to say thanks for all the posts as it has been good to get the insight before making the final decision. I am a very technical individual and in return am willing to help people with questions or issues that they might run in to.

Keep the good info flowing everyone.
Congratulations on your new car....I test drove the car in Smokey Granite (with Ecru interior)...I think it would look much better the way you got it with the black...I was really on the fence about whether to get the NAV when I ordered mine but in the end, wound up getting it mostly for the other stuff like you said. My only logic for it was although I always know where I'm going, I plan on keeping the car for a few years (at least 5 or 6) and I got it because of the discount on the car I received. I ordered the car with the LED headlamps and that is why I had to order it....they had the exact car I wanted with the standard headlamps in stock but when I saw them, they looked to yellow and didn't seem all that bright....as far as I know, so far they aren't making any with Nuluxe and LED headlamps unless you order one that way....so, I'm waiting (probably a long time...heard they opened up 7 Toyota factories again yesterday...Thursday).

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found it very interesting that the dealers in this area didnt have any of the Nav equiped cars in stock. We had to have them get this car from another dealership (I have to guess they own it as well) but am still lucky as like you said it would be a long wait if we had to order it. My only guess on the lack of options is that they had ordered cars to keep the cost down and future shipments will have these optional packages. It is a great car, and you are going to love it! Now the only problem is I have to give it back to my wife.....

·
Registered
283 Posts
The higher percentage of the cars to be built this year will be in the low 30k range.

The way I was told the build will be as follows (not exact percentages but close)
$29 - 30K say 10%
$30 - 37K 85%
$38K+ (loaded) 5% or less

Maybe one of the other dealers on here and comment.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The higher percentage of the cars to be built this year will be in the low 30k range.

The way I was told the build will be as follows (not exact percentages but close)
$29 - 30K say 10%
$30 - 37K 85%
$38K+ (loaded) 5% or less

Maybe one of the other dealers on here and comment.
They were expecting similar numbers in Canada, but apparently sales should much more entry level sales than expected. Which for me makes sense: what is comparable out there for 31-33K? Really, not much.
When you get closer to 40K, there's a lot more competition and less customers.

·
Registered
222 Posts
congrats!

i went to two dealerships before picking mine up and all the ones with navigation were sold. i personally don't really mind because the cost of having the navigation versus my anticipated usage of it doesn't really make sense. that's what garmin and the accessory holder are for. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Best wishes on the new car

Hope you enjoy the new car.
I got mine 2 days ago, Starfire Pearl, Nu Luxe Black interior. My CT200 came with Navigation and premium sound. I bought it off the lot, from the dealer inventory. It does add to the price, but it is something I wanted. There are other features that the display offers making it more than just a GPS. I suggest driving one with and without the Navigation system before deciding. It is a great car either way.
Since I buy cars infrequently, about every 7-8 years I wanted this little extra bonus.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Good luck with your new baby!
All cars in our area had navigation!
Trove...I am kind of in your area...Ft Lauderdale...it is going to be hard waiting for this thing to be built...but, getting it a way not available...Starfire Pearl w/ Caramel Nuluxe and LED's, Prem Audio,NAV, light up door sills...until then, I will have to drive the my weekend baby (which by the way is 180 degrees from a hybrid as far as for the environment)...

·
Registered
134 Posts
They were expecting similar numbers in Canada, but apparently sales should much more entry level sales than expected. Which for me makes sense: what is comparable out there for 31-33K? Really, not much.
When you get closer to 40K, there's a lot more competition and less customers.

Exactly Claude. I always wanted a hybrid and willing to spend around 30K (i.e. a Prius, Camry, and maybe even the cheaper CRZ or Insight) but 40K lots more cars to consider.

In Canada, we seem to prefer the smaller cars than in the US, so from a price-point, technology, and panache perspective, Lexus Canada will be quite successful selling the CT and my guess is the majority of sales will be from the CT Touring (sunroof, 17" wheels package) (33K). This is because in Canada, the base model at just 2K less comes with the small and bland 16" wheels (remind me of the Corolla LE or S model, PIC ATTACHED). On a similar note, look at how many IS250 base models are out there (with the non-leather interior and 16" wheels) - very rare. When we buy a a Lexus, we want it to look the part!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts