Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I picked up my new Starlight Pearl premium (no Nav) CT200 tonight. I started looking into the CT200 earlier this summer and test drove one in June. Liked the car, but had not thought much about it after that. Last week on Thursday I went to my local Lexus dealer (Chicago suburbs) to see how long the wait would be for a CT as I have heard and read it could be a couple of months. They had one CT on the lot and were expecting 4-5 more in a week to 2 weeks. I liked the one they had (mentioned above) and did the deal that night. The other ones coming in all had leather and NAV -- didn't need / want that.

They wanted me to wait until another one came in so they would have one for test drives. The expected arrival of the next one was Aug 24-29. I called the manager the next day and he agreed to let me take it on the 23rd (today).

I picked it up this evening and have enjoyed driving around town. For the 25-30 miles driven tonight I averaged 39mpg which is great since I was testing the acceleration and not focusing all the time on hyper-miling.

I traded in my 2 year old Toyota RAV4 -- will miss being a little higher in the air, but I already enjoy driving the CT more than the RAV4. The only feature I don't have on the CT I would have liked is the auto-dimming rear view mirror with back-up camera. I had that on the RAV4. Not a big deal as the camera screen is so small it is not of much use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They were not offering any discount on the purchase price but I was able to negotiate on my trade in. They also have a Toyota dealership and wanted some lower mile used cars and my RAV4 was in great shape. I ended up with about 76% of what I paid for the RAV4 that was 2 years old and had 24,000 miles. I didn't bother selling it myself - doubt I could make up the sales tax savings difference which was about $1,500.

I checked the mileage from Thursday night until last night - only a couple miles put on it (2-3) so it was not used much at all.

Can't wait to drive to work!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.