Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made some posts before I even got the car, but it finally arrived on Saturday. 2016 F-Sport in Ultra white, same color as my RCF.

Been looking for several months now and every one that I was liking, I would sleep on it for a few days and then it would be gone. This one popped up and I jumped on it. It's certified so I have a full two year unlimited mileage warranty / maintenance on it which is nice I guess.

Overall this one is in good condition. I need to do a paint correction and detail on the outside. Inside is VERY clean with the exception of the passenger head rest up front has wrinkles on it from where someone's head has been on it the entire time. Not sure I want to spend the $400+ to replace it. We'll see it it bothers me too much.

!00% need to do a projector retrofit. The stock halogens I'm not impressed with at all. Got a couple things coming in terms stuff to do. LC500 push button ignition w/harness to adapt to the different connector for our ignition connector, illuminated door sills, vleds turn/backup bulbs, interior leds. Hopefully F-Sport lowering springs if I can find them. I'm debating if I want to do the PPF for the front end since it's going to be my daily, I figured it would be worth it, even though it's already got so chips in areas.

I'm already used TechStream to disable the front seat belt chime, turn off the annoying constant backup beep, and have the windows roll down when you hold the unlock button on the fob.

Anyways here are some pictures.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Grille

-Nigel

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
362 Posts
Ah nice, I've been looking forward to this thread! Congrats on finding one in white to match all the rest of the vehicles lol, it looks great in that color. How many miles and price if you don't mind? Looks like you're located a state over from me (looks like our neighborhoods match, we even have the same two York A/C compressors). Did you buy it locally after looking at it and test driving it or have it shipped/delivered to you? I'm looking forward to seeing the mods!

·
Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I really like white. I don't know why, white always looks good to me. I would have loved to have found a red or blue CT but the ones I saw were gone because I waited too long..lol.

No problem at all. It has 69,000 miles on it. I wish it was slightly lower honestly, around 15k lower would have been ideal, but when I talked to my friend he said don't worry about milage on these/priuses... just look at overall condition and how it's been maintained. They were asking $29k. So with taxes and all that I think it came out to be like $31k. Given the market and what not it is what it is. I figured I also paid more because it's certified. So there is some peace of mind for the next two years/unlimited milage for stuff. I think I am going to take it in here shortly because the backup camera is acting odd. During the day time I can see perfectly fine out of it. At night if the headlights are off, I can see. As soon as I turn the lights on, the screen looks like it changes and the reverse image gets really washed out, making it very hard to see where you are backing up. As soon as I turn the lights off I can see in the dark, so somethingn seems odd with that....

I'm in VA, what state are you located in?

I bought it from Sarasota FL, and had them ship it to me. I've never been in a CT or test drove it prior. The dealer was very nice to me. Was a very painless experience. I noticed that it was missing the cargo cover and the dealer ordered me one (aftermarket, pretty much identical to OEM but all black aluminum instead of silver) and had it shipped to me before the car even got to me. That was nice of them. I actually wanted an OEM one but to be honest this one is all black so it actually looks much better in the back of the all black hatch. Where the OEM silver aluminun stands out more.

My wife was not impressed with the car..lol She's honest like that. She doesn't like hatches and she was not impressed with the power. She thinks for $30k I should have bought a "NEW" car and not someone's used car..lol. I guess what would have been comparable would have been the UX, but honestly I don't want an suv. I don't like how the UX looks like. I would have easily gotten a Toyota c-hr, as I really like how those look. But for some reason here in the states we don't get a hybrid version which seems really strage to me.

I've always liked how CT's looked and so far insdie it's very comfortable. I just want to mod some things and get it to where I want and enjoy it. I think my driving is definitely going to change while I drive the car since it's not very quick. But I hope to see high mpg like most post here!

-Nigel

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
362 Posts
Thank you, I really like white. I don't know why, white always looks good to me.
I'm not usually a fan of white because it shows all the gaps, but the white looks great here. But I imagine it depends on the actual type of white color and actual shade

Nice. lol

They were asking $29k. So with taxes and all that I think it came out to be like $31k. Given the market and what not it is what it is. I figured I also paid more because it's certified.
Ah yeah, with the market these days, that's why I asked and am wondering, since even just 2 years ago (wow I've had mine 2 years already) the price of things is wildly different, so I'm trying to get a new modern perspective.

the backup camera is acting odd. During the day time I can see perfectly fine out of it. At night if the headlights are off, I can see. As soon as I turn the lights on, the screen looks like it changes and the reverse image gets really washed out, making it very hard to see where you are backing up. As soon as I turn the lights off I can see in the dark, so somethingn seems odd with that....
That sounds like something is up with the license plate lights maybe, like maybe something is out of alignment and one is shining into the camera?

I'm in VA, what state are you located in?
Maryland
I bought it from Sarasota FL, and had them ship it to me. I've never been in a CT or test drove it prior. The dealer was very nice to me. Was a very painless experience.
Ah cool, yeah I got mine in the center of the first summer of covid, so I just bought mine without ever having actually seen one in person at all. I got extremely lucky and fortunate with mine, God aligned all the stars for me lol, it is still amazing. What a gamble though, but it worked out. Mine was in virginia, but they had dealers up here too, so they were able to just drive it to me and do the paper work in my driveway and I had it.

She thinks for $30k I should have bought a "NEW" car and not someone's used car..lol.
I Was originally looking at a new Corolla hatch in blue, but once I realized I could get the CT for much cheaper, it was a no brainer. IDK what you could get for $30k these days.

I think my driving is definitely going to change while I drive the car since it's not very quick.
That's one of the reasons I got the CT. Traffic is too bad around here to have a fast car like that RCF. And I just got into too much trouble and the traffic just made me an angry driver. So I got this car to chill out, and boy did it work lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts