Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like to use the internal voice command phone system as you can only input something like 20 names, which is not enough for me.
I'm trying to get my Nexus One to be voice activated but doesn't work. I tryed different apps in Android and it's always the same: works when I'm not in the car, I just have to press one button on the phone and the phone asks my want I want to do. Or it also works with my blue tooth earpiece just by clicking the button on it. But when it's paired with the car, and even if I press on the same key I'm using usually, nothing comes out of the speaker and the phone can't hear me.
Any solutions you guys would know?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I don't like to use the internal voice command phone system as you can only input something like 20 names, which is not enough for me.
I'm trying to get my Nexus One to be voice activated but doesn't work. I tryed different apps in Android and it's always the same: works when I'm not in the car, I just have to press one button on the phone and the phone asks my want I want to do. Or it also works with my blue tooth earpiece just by clicking the button on it. But when it's paired with the car, and even if I press on the same key I'm using usually, nothing comes out of the speaker and the phone can't hear me.
Any solutions you guys would know?
I noticed the Nexus One has Android 2.1 software originally. Have you upgraded it at all?

Google Voice Actions for Android is new but requires 2.2 or higher. If you can upgrade your android version and download this app you might have better success.

Voice Actions for Android

I have the HTC Sensation and have no problem with voice commands to my phone while connected to the CT's audio via bluetooth.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm currently 2.3.4, which is ok.
How do you activate it, vocally, or by long-pressing the little magnifying glass on the front of the phone? Or is there another button on the car to activate it
I just tryed(I had downloaded an app called Vlingo and just deleted it). Seems to work, but whenever I ask something, I always have a few writen choices from which to confirm.
For example, If I say "Call Bill on mobile" the phone will give me the writen possibility of calling bill on mobile or a "call bill on mobile" as a search on internet.
How do I arrange it so I don't always have to confirm by pressing something on the phone?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm currently 2.3.4, which is ok.
How do you activate it, vocally, or by long-pressing the little magnifying glass on the front of the phone? Or is there another button on the car to activate it
I just tryed(I had downloaded an app called Vlingo and just deleted it). Seems to work, but whenever I ask something, I always have a few writen choices from which to confirm.
For example, If I say "Call Bill on mobile" the phone will give me the writen possibility of calling bill on mobile or a "call bill on mobile" as a search on internet.
How do I arrange it so I don't always have to confirm by pressing something on the phone?
The only way to activate it that I know so far is longer hold on Mag Glass.. say the Full name, First and Last with Home, Mobile.. etc... should work. You are asking to much if you think you can get some sort of integration with the CT's buttons..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts