Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my CT for about 2 months now. Occasionally when I'm on the phone connected via bluetooth, the car will just randomly disconnect from the phone and go back to whatever music source was playing before the call. Meanwhile, the call is still active on my phone. 5-10 seconds later, it reconnects and all is fine. Very bizarre, has done this probably 1/2 dozen times since owning the car.

I plan on mentioning this when I bring the car in for service but has anyone else experienced this? Phone is an HTC Evo, never had this problem with the bluetooth headset I used before purchasing the CT.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The phone may have lost the signal due to a dead zone. Does it happen in the same location each time? See if that is possible. It is also possible but far less likely IMO that the bluetooth is losing contact due to the location of the phone vis a vis the bluetooth.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The phone may have lost the signal due to a dead zone. Does it happen in the same location each time? See if that is possible. It is also possible but far less likely IMO that the bluetooth is losing contact due to the location of the phone vis a vis the bluetooth.
Thanks for the reply Joe. Definitely not a connection issue, when the bluetooth disconnects, the phone call is still active, I can pick up the phone and continue talking, just not through the bluetooth system. It will then randomly reconnect and I'm back on the same phone call. The phone is typically in my pocket, but it has also done this while in the mobile device holder so not an issue with phone distance either.

I may try unpairing/repairing the phone tonight to see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
After my phones earlier updates, it always does weird things via bluetooth or wifi abilities to connect/reconnect to bunch of devices including the CT. I don't really take too many calls while driving so the earlier updates haven't bothered me, but recent updates don't seem to pose a problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
same issue for me

I have the same issue. Ever get yours fixed? Drives me nuts. It has been doing this since I bought the car in August 2011.

Mine is at the shop today for a 4th try on fixing this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts