Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
113 Posts
I 3d printed a wedge and then used a phone mount that you would attach to a camera. It tilts, swivel, and goes to portrait and landscape.

I'm surprised Lexus didn't make this opening bigger... it's so annoying that the majority of their cars have no good spot for a phone. Even now with 2022 they are only starting to put charging trays for phones...smh.

Light Wood Automotive tire Asphalt Gas
Car Vehicle Automotive design Gadget Gear shift
Vehicle Automotive design Gadget Personal luxury car Motor vehicle
Car Satellite radio Radio Gear shift Automotive design

-Nigel

·
Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
113 Posts
I want one!
Pricing for a complete mount is $68 shipped in the US. This includes a fully assembled all aluminum phone mount that is then tweaked/adjusted (the whole thing can be adjusted but by default they are too stiff for my tastes), allen wrench for self-adjustment at a later time. I also created a little cold shoe cover with a round end that can be used to pull open the phone holder. To me this was easier so I made it. I'll snap a picture of it here shortly.

-Nigel

·
Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
113 Posts
Hi Nigel. Nice solution. I've thought about doing the same but never got around to it. Wondering: Is there a MagSafe mount that you could put into the wedge? That way the phone would simply go on/off with magnetic mount, and charge while driving without wires dangling. I just don't know of a magsafe mount with a bottom that could be screwed into the block and have adjustment for angles. Let me know if you know of one. I'd be interested in one of your mounts. maybe I could just clamp a magsafe mount into the jaws.
Let me play with a couple things. It might be easier to design a magsafe holder that slips into the phone cradle that's attached to the wedge that way one could still have the flexibility of using other phones and have adjustment on how they want it angled.

My wife has an Iphone so I'll play around with a couple things and see how it turns out.

-Nigel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts