Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have this problem? 2012 Fsport with Navigation.

I will load the contacts list from my IPhone 4 (not the new one but with the new OS), to the nav screen. It loads everything quite quickly and shows the contacts for a couple of days, then they are all gone and I have to do it again. It has not lasted more then three days. The first time I even went to the trouble of putting 10 or 15 of my most used contacts in speed dial and two days later they were gone along with the entire contacts list. This also happened on my 2010 Prius that I traded in. I called Lexus and they said they had never heard of this problem and suggested I take it to the dealer and have them run it up the chain. I talked to the dealer and they said to bring it in but they knew nothing about radios since they use a radio shop to do all their work.

I am getting a new IPhone next week so I guess I will find out if it is phone specific, but on the Prius owners forum there were lots of similar complaints and since this nav unit is so similar, I thought there might be some others with this problem and hopefully some solutions.

Anyone?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have yet to see or hear that problem..

I've had my own personal CT for 1 month and have an iphone 4, and my contacts and speed dials are intact and put them in only once...

whichever dealer you talked to about it did not give you a good answer..any problems with the radio/navigation would be done at the dealer, not else where...

take it to Lexus of North Miami and see what they can do for you

·
Registered
78 Posts
Joe166,
I have a 2010 Prius that did the same thing. Twice.

I was able to stop this from happening by deleted the phone contacts AND pairing. Started from the beginning (Turned off the car, re-booted the phone) and copied my contacts after I paired the phone. It has worked for over a year now with no further issues. I also have 3 phones (with contacts) registered with that car.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joe166,
I have a 2010 Prius that did the same thing. Twice.

I was able to stop this from happening by deleted the phone contacts AND pairing. Started from the beginning (Turned off the car, re-booted the phone) and copied my contacts after I paired the phone. It has worked for over a year now with no further issues. I also have 3 phones (with contacts) registered with that car.
I will try that today. Thanks.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That didn't work

Well, I deleted my phone, deleted my ipod and started all over again. Contacts loaded easily, then pulled 10 or 12 of the contacts over as speed dials. That was yesterday. Today they were all gone. I will wait until my new IPhone gets here Monday and I will try it one more time before I take it to the dealer to take a look at it.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it anyway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I will wait until my new IPhone gets here Monday and I will try it one more time before I take it to the dealer to take a look at it.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it anyway.
Sorry it didn't work for you Joe166. do you have a different phone that you can try it with so you can eliminate the iPhone as the problem?

I would still let the dealership know so they can contact Lexus and let them know about your issue. You might aslo consider calling Lexus directly -- the phone number is in the back of the manual.

Dale.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry it didn't work for you Joe166. do you have a different phone that you can try it with so you can eliminate the iPhone as the problem?

I would still let the dealership know so they can contact Lexus and let them know about your issue. You might aslo consider calling Lexus directly -- the phone number is in the back of the manual.

Dale.
I did let Lexus know. They told me to call Lexus of North Miami, who told me they had never heard of such a thing. I will wait till I get my new IPhone in a couple of days and start over. I guess it might be a bad phone.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I did let Lexus know. They told me to call Lexus of North Miami, who told me they had never heard of such a thing. I will wait till I get my new IPhone in a couple of days and start over. I guess it might be a bad phone.
Let us know how you make out as I'm looking at a IPhone also.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still the same problem. Lost the contacts and speed dial in about a day and a half. Just loaded them back up this morning. The thought of trying to explain this to a service writer is very daunting, but I will try.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have some hope to offer to all who have had this problem. I reported this to my dealer (Lexus of North Miami) a couple of days ago, after it did it again with my new IPhone. I then reported what IS250 posted about the ability to replicate the problem and that I had found that to be true. Tonight I got a call from my salesman who said his Service Manager had called Japan and spoke to the head bluetooth guy who told him that this was NOT the first time that they had heard this and that they were working on a software solution between Toyota and Apple and they expected to have a fix "soon" and that it could probably be flashed to the car or the phone.

That is the first indication that I have had that this wasn't a figment of my imagination. Thanks to all for your input and keep complaining to the dealers, it might help and couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My iPhone can pair easily. The problem I have is that after I added contacts from my iPhone my CT would not update even after doing the Transfer menu. I deleted the phone from my CT list and then paired it again. It then asks me if I wanted to copy the contacts from my phone as it says there is no contact but after the transfer it still shows the old list. In other words, It did not copy the additional contacts I have added in my iPhone.
I am lost on this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts