Lexus CT200h Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I am also haveing the same problem with dropped contacts. I just brought the car in for it's 15K service and mentioned the problem to them and they took a look at it. There seems to be a software upgrade that may resolve the problem which is beening installed today. I'll let you know how it works out.
If the upgrade does end up fixing the problem could you please try and find out if Lexus have a reference number for the fix and post it here, so that others with the problem can refer their dealers to it.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The quickest way to check that the upgrade has fixed the problem is turn your iPhone off before you start the car. Once the car has started and you see the message Bluetooth Not Connected, turn your phone on. If the contacts have "vaporised" you know that the upgrade didn't fix the problem.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Hi I have a brand new F Sport (less than a week old) my 3GS, mid-call, dropped the call and erased all contacts as well, so obviously new cars do not have this fixed yet.
That seems to be a somewhat different variant on the problem that is being experienced. What IOS level is in your iPhone?

As you've now experienced what happens, try forcing the reproduction of the problem as documented in this thread and see if the problem occurs. If it does you can then beat-up on your dealer. The more owners that can demonstrate and report the problem, the more likely Lexus might start to take some notice and do something about it (we hope!)

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I tried the test for this a few times over the weekend and it did not erase the contacts. so maybe the fix has been applied. The iPhone is running IOS 5.1. Maybe the dropped call and erase is once off. I will wait and see if it does it again. Also The phone was conneted through the USB input as well as Bluetooth.

· Registered
9 Posts
Any updates on this. My Lexus service manager is not interested in this because my IS250 is at the end of its model life so he does not think this will be fixed. I mentioned that the CT's have the same problem and for some reason he doesnt think that it is related!!!

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Any updates on this. My Lexus service manager is not interested in this because my IS250 is at the end of its model life so he does not think this will be fixed. I mentioned that the CT's have the same problem and for some reason he doesnt think that it is related!!!
Despite my approaches to both Lexus Australia and Sydney City Lexus, I have the feeling that Lexus are chosing to ignore this problem hoping that affected owners will give up on it.

· Registered
2 Posts
I am also haveing the same problem with dropped contacts. I just brought the car in for it's 15K service and mentioned the problem to them and they took a look at it. There seems to be a software upgrade that may resolve the problem which is beening installed today. I'll let you know how it works out.
Did you get your problem fixed?

· Registered
7 Posts
bcarpenter, I purposely turned my phone off and started the car this morning....then started the phone.....unfortunately, my contacts were deleted. I was hopeful that your suggestion would work; unfortunately, it does not. I made sure that the option to sync contacts in my Iphone was, in fact, off...and, it was. The only thing that I did differently this time is I had my phone hooked into the USB port. I will try this again; this time, I will not have the phone hooked up to the USB port and I will report back as to what happens.

· Registered
200 Posts
bcarpenter, I purposely turned my phone off and started the car this morning....then started the phone.....unfortunately, my contacts were deleted. I was hopeful that your suggestion would work; unfortunately, it does not. I made sure that the option to sync contacts in my Iphone was, in fact, off...and, it was. The only thing that I did differently this time is I had my phone hooked into the USB port. I will try this again; this time, I will not have the phone hooked up to the USB port and I will report back as to what happens.
if you havent yet, try doing a HARD RESET on the the iphone...

How to Hard Reset an iPhone - wikiHow

I've had to do that alot lately with my customers...and it works fine after doing that...

We are anxiously awaiting a software update from Apple!!!

· Registered
32 Posts
Hmm, perhaps it has just been coincidence then. As I said, my trial has consisted of me alone, so it's good to know this isn't the fix I & others have been hoping for. Back to the drawing board. It would be worthwhile trying the hard reset option.

· Registered
842 Posts
Well, that didn't work. Got any other ideas? My best idea is to ignore it and just transfer it over and over and over again.

Neither the hard reset or shutting down the sync did the slightest bit of good. You must have just gotten in on one of the lulls where it just didn't disappear.

· Registered
1 Posts
As you say that you deleted your backup by yourself, then it can not be recovered with any manual method. There are also some reason by which stored data is deleted or corrupted due to some problem like storage disk failure, system problem and many more. So if your data is important for you and you really want to know how to recover iPhone lost contacts and create backup of your iPhone easily. I also use the iPhone data Recovery software for same problem and I successfully solved my problem. I hope this tool also solve your problem.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.