Lexus CT200h Forums banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

· Registered
270 Posts
Strange thing about Bluetooth - my phone seems to have Better! battery life since I got my CT and enabled Bluetooth ... Weird.

PS Wonder if the Iphone on before car might be related to why my iPod Nano often forgets what its played. I've gone to a tendency of not disconnecting the iPod until the car is off now in the hope that it keeps the iPod happy.

· Registered
270 Posts
Don't think my phone's lost its contacts in the car, although it doesn't update automatically. I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini but I don't use it in the car much.

I have to admit I never went into Bristol Lexus, I had a bad vibe when I visited their forecourt ... Although that was probably more like a bad reaction to hot chocolate and ham+cheese toastie for lunch - both of which apparently upset my stomach :D. I got my CT from Listers Lexus in Cheltenham.

· Registered
842 Posts
My CT keeps dropping my iPhone 4S's contacts and speed dials for no apparent reason. It's very quick to resync the contacts but it's still inconvenient.
I thought there was no reason for the longest time till I read on here that it was only when you started the car AND THEN powered up the phone. When I have the phone already on and then start the car it has been three or four months and it hasn't happened once.

Try that for an interim solution. I agree that resyncing the contacts is pretty easy, but putting the speed dials in is a PIA!

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I would strongly urge that anyone encountering this problem contact their Lexus and also contact Lexus customer service in their country. The more people that complain about this issue the more chance that it might get taken notice of.

In the meantime, make sure your phone is turned on and bluetooth enabled before starting the car.

· Registered
9 Posts
I can confirm that IOS 5.1 makes no difference. In fact my car has wiped its contacts twice today alone. Just to note, my phone is always powered up before the car is started. Powering up your phone after the car is started was just a way to replicate the problem and SO making sure your phone is on before your car is started is NOT even an interim solution.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I can confirm that IOS 5.1 makes no difference. In fact my car has wiped its contacts twice today alone. Just to note, my phone is always powered up before the car is started. Powering up your phone after the car is started was just a way to replicate the problem and SO making sure your phone is on before your car is started is NOT even an interim solution.
I was wondering if IOS 5.1 might address the issue, obviously not.:(

Seems to me that the finger points back to Lexus on this one.

· Registered
245 Posts
This has only happened once to me and that was when I experimented streaming music via Bluetooth from my phone. I've settled in on using the USB as a music source an have never had this problem. Not a perfect solution, but maybe a work around.

· Registered
609 Posts
You forgot to knock on wood...:)
Yeah really! But now I thought about it, my problem could be coming from powering up the phone while in the car. I had the contact list loaded since 12/31/2012 when I got the car. Only yesterday was the first time I noticed my contacts were missing. I think it actually happened on Sunday. My son was playing games on my phone on a long trip and it dies. I plug in the charger to power it back up... so that would considered as a power up of the phone right? Maybe that wiped my contact list.

· Registered
9 Posts
Yeah really! But now I thought about it, my problem could be coming from powering up the phone while in the car. I had the contact list loaded since 12/31/2012 when I got the car. Only yesterday was the first time I noticed my contacts were missing. I think it actually happened on Sunday. My son was playing games on my phone on a long trip and it dies. I plug in the charger to power it back up... so that would considered as a power up of the phone right? Maybe that wiped my contact list.
I'm 99% sure that powering up your phone after the car is started was just a way to replicate the problem and is not the only reason why your car lost off of its contacts. It will most likely happen again... when , its hard to predict as from my experience, my contacts have lasted anywhere from 2 months to 2 minutes! Just for the record, my phone is always powered up before the car is started. My car is in for a service at the end of the month as I will check with the dealer to see if they have heard anything, but I doubt that there will be a resolution. Funnily enough, my girlfriend iPhone 4 is also paired up to the car and has been since we bought the car back in September 2011. Her phone has only been selected a handful of times but on each occasion, her contacts are still present. Its probably just luck that the car hasn't wiped her phone book on the odd occasion shes switched over to her phone

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
My CT200h was picked up this morning for its service and I was left with an RX450h as a loan car.

Noticing that it has a similar bluetooth phone setup as the CT200h I thought I would take the opportunity to see if I could reproduce the problem.

I used the method that's been documented in this thread and sure enough the RX450h has the exact same problem!

The problem is defintely an Apple/Lexus implementation issue with bluetooth.

· Registered
17 Posts
I am also haveing the same problem with dropped contacts. I just brought the car in for it's 15K service and mentioned the problem to them and they took a look at it. There seems to be a software upgrade that may resolve the problem which is beening installed today. I'll let you know how it works out.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.