Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
842 Posts
Thank you, IS250, for finding out how to replicate this problem. I am sure it will go a long way toward getting an ultimate solution (if anyone at Lexus or Apple cares one bit). I can now show them exactly what the problem is.

The reason this makes no sense is that all the power outlets on the Lexus are switched, which means that if you leave your phone in the car (as I do, I answer enough times during the day!), you pretty much have to shut it off to avoid running the power down. On my Ford, it was an always powered, so I could leave the phone on when I shut down at night.

· Registered
842 Posts
I have some hope to offer to all who have had this problem. I reported this to my dealer (Lexus of North Miami) a couple of days ago, after it did it again with my new IPhone. I then reported what IS250 posted about the ability to replicate the problem and that I had found that to be true. Tonight I got a call from my salesman who said his Service Manager had called Japan and spoke to the head bluetooth guy who told him that this was NOT the first time that they had heard this and that they were working on a software solution between Toyota and Apple and they expected to have a fix "soon" and that it could probably be flashed to the car or the phone.

That is the first indication that I have had that this wasn't a figment of my imagination. I will also post this in the thread I started a few days ago. Thanks to all for your input and keep complaining to the dealers, it might help and couldn't hurt.

· Registered
842 Posts
My CT keeps dropping my iPhone 4S's contacts and speed dials for no apparent reason. It's very quick to resync the contacts but it's still inconvenient.
I thought there was no reason for the longest time till I read on here that it was only when you started the car AND THEN powered up the phone. When I have the phone already on and then start the car it has been three or four months and it hasn't happened once.

Try that for an interim solution. I agree that resyncing the contacts is pretty easy, but putting the speed dials in is a PIA!

· Registered
842 Posts
Well, that didn't work. Got any other ideas? My best idea is to ignore it and just transfer it over and over and over again.

Neither the hard reset or shutting down the sync did the slightest bit of good. You must have just gotten in on one of the lulls where it just didn't disappear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.