82 Posts
When will you have more for $27? Ty

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you have been disappointed by your Lexus CT200h cell phone hold because it no longer holds your new iPhone 6, 6+, or later models bigger than an iPhone 5, I've engineered an extended bracket to fix this. This extended bracket is 1.5" taller than the stock bracket, so it holds larger phones. If you can handle a Phillips screw driver, you can install this upgraded bracket.

This is a part that can be 3D printed for you on the Shapeways Marketplace. Here is the link:
Lexus CT200h updated bracket for larger phones by kfischer on Shapeways

You can find out more about it, and see pictures of it at this site. This part is printed in their strong and flexible plastic, in black.
Take a look!
Kevin

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm not keen on putting a phone directly in front of the vent, at least not if you have to run the heat. I went with an iottie mount and placed it on the driver's side of the windshield. It is a little annoying dealing with the cable going over the steering wheel but it is worth it for the ability to keep my eyes on the road and my phone easy to operate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not keen on putting a phone directly in front of the vent, at least not if you have to run the heat. I went with an iottie mount and placed it on the driver's side of the windshield. It is a little annoying dealing with the cable going over the steering wheel but it is worth it for the ability to keep my eyes on the road and my phone easy to operate.
There are always pros and cons indeed. I had the same as you, cable was annoying (however you can get power from the OBD port, which is located at the left bottom, LHD). My wife did not like the obstructed view. So now we use this. I hardly blocks the vent. Can live with that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Everyone thinks theirs is the best. I am no exception. Gravity wireless charger so you can grab your phone if you forget in the car when it's off, not the motorized clamp kind. Hooked to a three USB port modern fast charger that is tucked away. Two USB ports were added around the power port area if you look close.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Everyone thinks theirs is the best. I am no exception. Gravity wireless charger so you can grab your phone if you forget in the car when it's off, not the motorized clamp kind. Hooked to a three USB port modern fast charger that is tucked away. Two USB ports were added around the power port area if you look close.
Indeed Mad Davey, many solutions. Glad you found yours. Enjoy this great car. Stay safe, keep your eyes on the road. Not on your phone :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.