Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone.
I just realized that the passenger bottom plastic part is not properly attached.
I tried to put it back, push on it but no luck.
I don't want to stop at the dealer for want I think is just a 5 minutes fix.
Anybody has an idea?

photo.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok. So after looking at the door illuminated sill installation PDF, it seems to be the "passenger side IP under cover" that I have problem with. Probably the center clip. May be it's broken.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. That's a good point. I am just going to drop it at my dealer next weekend. It's crazy how when things like that catch you eyes you can't stop look at it... :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW: I am just not really familiar with dealers in the US. Should I expect to pay anything? The car is new and under warranty. But it is not the dealer I bought it from. THX!

·
Registered
842 Posts
BTW: I am just not really familiar with dealers in the US. Should I expect to pay anything? The car is new and under warranty. But it is not the dealer I bought it from. THX!
That is a trim item. Most of the time they won't charge anything, but if your car has lots of miles on it, they might try to charge you for it in which case you should appeal to Lexus, which doesn't usually want to leave a bad taste in your mouth. I bet they don't charge.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks Joe!
Only 600 miles. I should be fine then :)
Should be no charge (unless it was something you did and they may not charge even then). Don't be surprised if they offer you a loaner to drive while they work on yours.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Pre-inspection should be part of the total presentation when you pick up the car. I wonder why the dealership didn't notice that glaring problem when they presented the car to you?

I have to admit that one of my plastic headrest pieces was sticking up and not clipped securely in place. I had to point it out to my salesman who had it quickly fixed.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hello Everyone.
I just realized that the passenger bottom plastic part is not properly attached.
I tried to put it back, push on it but no luck.
I don't want to stop at the dealer for want I think is just a 5 minutes fix.
Anybody has an idea?
It's an easy fix. I took that cover off and put it back on when I installed my illuminated sills. Do a search on this board to find the instructions and you'll see how to take that piece off. It's easy!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Boldlygo,
I actually look at that already. I went downloading the installation guide online (sewell parts) but even taking off and back on I couldn't fix the problem. When it's fine on the "front" the back is wobbling ....

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hi Boldlygo,
I actually look at that already. I went downloading the installation guide online (sewell parts) but even taking off and back on I couldn't fix the problem. When it's fine on the "front" the back is wobbling ....
Sounds like the experts should have a look at then. See your dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts