Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just wondering if anyone has installed parking sensors to their ct. I saw a ct on the street yesterday in richmondhill Ontario,it was gray and had rear parking sensors. Canadian CTs don't have that option, so I'm wondering, if you are on the forum and did you install an oem or aftermarket system...

But for anyone else... Do you know if we can just buy e system they have in the uk.. For us north American CTs

It would be awesome if I can get the oem sensors and make it work with the back up camera with nav.... But a separate system is fine too

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Intuitive Parking Assist Sensors

part of the precollison dynamic crusie control radar package.

It is the "Intuitive Parcking Assist" Sensors you are looking at. See page 233 in your owner's manual.

I am not saying it is impossible, but it would be very difficult to install after market.

Look at page 234 if you really want a sick feeling :eek: of how neat it is. We have it on our Gen III Prius with Advanced Technology Package, but not on the CT.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So, ordering the PCS will automatically bring the parking assist feature? Please advice if this is true even for USA. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Not available in USA on the CT200h

So, ordering the PCS will automatically bring the parking assist feature? Please advice if this is true even for USA. Thanks!
I don't think the USA gets all of the features on the CT only on the Prius with Advance Technology Package.

Pre-collision USA = Pre-Collision System (PCS) [28] and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control [29] (requires Navigation and Leather Packages)
$1500[27]

[27]Prices for options/accessories/packages are Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) as of posting date. Actual dealer prices will vary. Installation fee not included. Lexus strives to build vehicles to match customer interest, and thus they are typically built with popular options and option packages. Not all options/accessories/packages are available separately and some may not be available in all regions of the country. See lexus.com for information about options/accessories/packages commonly available in your area. If you would prefer a vehicle without any or with different options, contact your dealer to check for current availability or the possibility of placing a special order. Not all available accessories are shown.[28]The Pre-Collision System is designed to help reduce the crash speed and damage in certain frontal collisions only. It is not a collision-avoidance system and is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors, such as speed, driver input and road conditions. Please see your Owner's Manual for further information.[29]Dynamic Radar Cruise Control is designed to assist the driver and is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving practices. Please see your Owner's Manual for important instructions and cautions.

Compare to USA Prius Generation III Advanced Technology Package (show in Red not avaialble on USA CT200h)

ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE
Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) [8]
Pre-Collision System (PCS) [9]
Lane Keep Assist (LKA) [10]
Advanced Parking Guidance System (APGS) [11]

[10]
Lane Keep Assist is designed to read the lane markers of certain roads and apply slight torque to the steering wheel to help keep the car in the center of the lane. It is not a collision-avoidance system and is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors. See your Owner's Manual for further information.

[11]
Intelligent Parking Assist requires driver brake control. Always look around outside the vehicle and use mirrors to confirm clearance.

Pre-Collision System (PCS) [28] and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control [29] (requires Navigation and Leather Packages) $1500[27]
Pre-Collision System (PCS) [28] and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control [29] (requires Navigation and Leather Packages) $1500[27]

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yeah. I don't remember anything about parking sensors in the US, even with PCS/dynamic cruise control. I know it is available (IPA which is another name for the backup sensors) in Europe.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I miss the parking sensors on my Jaguar... what do you guys think about these?
A quick once over: It looks pretty good, from a price performance/ functional standpoint. It wouldn't be integrated with other systems, but during parking this shouldn't matter :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
After having a small rear collision, I purchased a used bumper from a junk yard with IPA. Installation was easy, but the IPA does not work. Probably have to take it to Dealership. The IPA bumper did plug in the the IPA on the car. Any Ideas or is dealer my only options. Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts