Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Painting the car to another color.. maybe?

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  kalo925 
Hey everyone, so I have a ct in charcoal. Let's just pretend that I am not 100% satisfied with this color and would like to paint it. Deep down inside I WANT the pearl white. I know this is not recommended at all because I heard nothing can ever beat factory paint (and if it does it will cost thousands).

What do you guys think? Can/Should it be done? If I wanted the pearl white..

is it worth it? suggestions? advice? thanks!
Depends on what you like to do with your money.

It seems to me you would have so spend a couple thousand dollars minimum to get a decent paint job including inside doors etc... Another person wanted to trade their CT (not white..) for a color they preferred more.. In that case they thought they would take a $10,000 loss to trade it in... so.. a paint job is probably cheaper.

You would run the risk of some part of the paint job failing or flaking. Mostly I'm thinking inside doors near fixtures.. This would devalue the whole car unless you got those problems fixed...

My Advice.. Don't waste your money to just get a new color. Many people like your color.

However... If you are rich. Go for it.. :p

not rich here... lol college student. however thanks for the advice, I had my eyes set on the white and i see you drive one.. wanna trade? lol just kidding. thanks though
Sorry you didn't get the CT you were hoping for. There are a lot of people on this forum that settled for not exactly what they were hoping for. I feel like the dealers/salespeople pushed the take it or leave it "you won't get another chance" to hard. Seems now we are beginning to see the shortage reduced a bit and I'm wondering if there will actually be some sales under MSRP more now.

I only wish I could have held out for Grey Leather with a base CT.. but that was an impossibility. I've thought about having the seats recovered just like you've thought about painting yours... I probably won't recover my seats either! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.