Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures before and after of the painted brake calipers on my wife's car.

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Did you have to sand them down first or just clean & spray?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes I am curious as well, I was thinking while I still might have an extra vehicle, to paint both my brake calipers and my springs. What prep work was required and which type of paint did you use?

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Some really good stuff thats available at most auto stores is G2 Kit. Or you can get G2 Caliper paint seperate. There are also similar brands with same sorta idea, just check our nearest auto store.

The G2 Kit comes with:
High temp paint
Small bottle of reactant
Brake cleaner
Paint brush
Mixing stick
Instructions

MotoGFX used to do "Lexus" decals in multiple colors, wonder if they still do. Picture below

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From past experience painting calipers on several cars you do not need to use the special caliper paint that is sold in kits.

I've used spray paint and brush on paint.

The calipers don't get hot enough to worry about high temp paint.

This time I used rustoleum bought in an 8 oz. can from my local hardware store, much better color selection.

I bought cheap artists brushes at Walmart, small and medium size.

I pre cleaned with mineral spirit but these brake pads don't throw off a lot of brake dust, unlike German cars, so there wasn't much to clean.

I used masking tape and aluminum foil to cover stuff. The aluminum foil conforms to any shape and fits in crevices easily.

For the most part I carefully painted freehand.

The whole project cost less than $10.

On previous cars I have removed the calipers but I didn't want to go to the effort this time around.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Wow, never heard of anyone painting calipers ON the car before, must be the aluminum foil trick! Nice! If it's that easy, I might just be doing this too, thanks Audi4.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
MotoGFX used to do "Lexus" decals in multiple colors, wonder if they still do. Picture below
Thinking if they did, they probably wouldn't fit on the tiny CT calipers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts