Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How difficult would it be to replace this? I've seen the Gentex mirrors with Homelink but I'm wondering if it would be cheaper/easier to replace the overhead controls to get homelink functions on a CT without Premium Audio.

Reason is I don't need Premium Audio, I really only listen to AM sports and news and occasionally my Ipod. I do want Homelink though.

I've seen this "mod" done to Accords that don't have Homelink. The Homelink module is easily replaced in the overhead controls. Can anyone look up the part number and price for that module in the CT? Thanks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
How about HomeLink, rear camera display (RCD), and auto dimming in the rear view mirror? Google this part number:
#50-GENK3545

If you don't want the RCD, then they make a mirror with HomeLink and auto dim; with or without compass:
#50-GENK45A

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right, I've already seen the Gentex mirrors. That is an option for $259 without compass but I was wondering if adding the homelink to the overhead controls of a CT without premium audio would be a better, cheaper, easier solution.

How much can the above overhead control cost? Should be a simple swap. Can someone find the part and see how much it costs? I'm sure Lexus has replacements if it were to go bad. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
81260A 8126076070C0
LAMP ASSY, MAP Manufacturer Note: GARAGE OPENER-WITH,BLACK,TRIM00,01,02,05,07,20,23,24,25,26,41 01 Ships 24-48 hrs $1278.36 $1063.18$773.41

I think this is what you are looking for - not cheap!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
^ Wow, that's a bargain!

·
Registered
6 Posts
sorry to bring up an old thread...
I'm interested in a homelink mod as well for my new CT.

instead of the $773 part, I was thinking of modding the existing overhead assembly and putting in something like this which can be had from ebay for cheap. has anyone ever took out the assembly? Is it difficult? Is there any other place you would recommend putting the mod?

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah, these used transmitters can be had for $25.
space may be a problem... so I may need to stick it somewhere...

maybe in the center compartment (where the Nav would've been) or somewhere by the armrest.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tried the $25 transmitter off EBay. Mounted it, got it working with rolling code. Took it off after a day and decided not for me. The whole assembly is just too fragile. After some usage the plastic tabs connecting the front part with the buttons and the rear controller part break down render it useless. Not to mention it look ugly too. Do your self a favor and spend about $250 for a Gentex mirror auto dimmer with home link. Either have someone install or search thru the forums on how to install yourself (kind of easy actually). You'll be glad to have a nice looking, auto dimming, home-linked mirror.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.