Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm interested in getting a CT200h from the factory with my desired options. My dealer asked me to put down $3000 for to reserve me a spot with them.

Now does this actually reserve my order in the factory queue? Or are they just BS'ing me to get a down payment.:confused:

·
Registered
200 Posts
BS to get you to pay....

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Hi,

I'm interested in getting a CT200h from the factory with my desired options. My dealer asked me to put down $3000 for to reserve me a spot with them.

Now does this actually reserve my order in the factory queue? Or are they just BS'ing me to get a down payment.:confused:
BS to get you to pay....
We would ask for a $1,000 Security Deposit to secure the spot in line on the ordering list and of course to secure the vehicle for you.

What type of equiptment are you interested in?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in Toronto, so your offer does not entice me. But thank you for letting me know my payment does NOT actually reserve me a place in the FACTORY queue.

I will wait until the car is released then go from there.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
I'm in Toronto, so your offer does not entice me. But thank you for letting me know my payment does NOT actually reserve me a place in the FACTORY queue.

I will wait until the car is released then go from there.
There is no way to reservce a place on a Factory order. The only thing I can say is the sooner you place your order, the faster you will get te car you want.

In the US, it is my understanding that Lexus will produce the first "batch" with Nav and other options, and after that, scale the Nav cars down to only about 30% of total production.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you fore the response LexusGuy. When does your dealership expect to receive its pricing? And test drive car?

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Thank you fore the response LexusGuy. When does your dealership expect to receive its pricing? And test drive car?
Pricing isn't expected to be released until the vehicles are on their way to the dealerships. I know currently Lexus is in negotiations on setting the prices, and it really is going to be determined on what the Yen is at too.

Figure a "base price" in the upper $2x,xxx and a nicely equipped one in the lower $3x,xxx.

As far as test drives, we will hopefully have a Factory Rep car here for a day where we will be able to have potential customers come in and look/drive the vehicle.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I heard from the northeast Lexus area office, we expect them at the dealers first week of MARCH, 2011

·
Registered
200 Posts
That is good news. I can't wait to drive one and test its EMF radiation levels prior to possible purchase!
yeah, lots of people at my dealer are very excited for it, and I talk to alot of service customers about the CT (I have a picture collage on my desk)

and I'm interested in what readings you get and hope you can post a picture of the exact EMF levels...

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
What year model?

Just wondering, I have seen the CT 200h listed as 2011 CT 200h and 2012 CT 200h. Which will it be? When the RX came out this time of year it was listed as the next year model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have paid $1000 to reserver my car two weeks ago. so far no clue of when the car will be ordered in first place. In my understanding dealers will try to push the cars which are allotted to them rather than ordering with what options customer want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have paid $1000 to reserver my car two weeks ago. so far no clue of when the car will be ordered in first place. In my understanding dealers will try to push the cars which are allotted to them rather than ordering with what options customer want.
anybody in the same situation please post here....

I was looking for wither fire agate/caramel or black/caramel with navigation and few otehr options. so far dealer could not find one.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Production starts back up tomorrow in Japan. I'd say go ahead and order one, supplies might be low enough now that you probably won't find what you want already in the country.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am asking my dealer to do the same and they are telling if we place a custom order it takes 4 to 5 months to get the vehicle rather if you find one in the allotments it is much quicker. but which dealer will trade their vehicles to other dealer leaving thier customers in the blue correct?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I am asking my dealer to do the same and they are telling if we place a custom order it takes 4 to 5 months to get the vehicle rather if you find one in the allotments it is much quicker. but which dealer will trade their vehicles to other dealer leaving thier customers in the blue correct?
there are those cars around...depending on what options you want. I know a dealer called me with a white one with caramel, NAV, Prem audio, paint protection on front end, cargo protect pkg....but I ordered because I wanted the LED headlamps...my dealer only took a $1,000 deposit from me and told me an estimate would be about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 months for the car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Are dealers giving discounts on ordered cars then since they won't be as in demand in a few months and they don't have to floorplan the car? Also does anyone know when the model change over is? For example if your car arrives in June or July is it still a 2011 or will it be a 2012?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts