Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
According to this article, the lighter colored leather in the CT200 has a coating that prevents staining from things like denim...wonder if that same coating is a part of the Nuluxe too...anyone know anything about this?

Jeans Staining Your Car Seats? Lexus, Chrysler Fight Stains
If this is the case then it is good news. I had a IS250 with Grey Leather and this happened to me. The drivers seat had blue patches on each side that just would not come off, tried everything including ink removal but nothing shifted it. So if this is the case good news............

My CT has black leather.....:)

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
My dealer said jeans could cause issue with the Ecru Nuluxe and I should spend $600 for a Dupont interior and exterior sealant. True or not, I didn't want to take a chance so I had it done. At least through the five year warranty period I should be OK.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have had an IS250 from the dealer for 3 weeks on loan until my CT is ready it had done 600km when I got it and its now done 1800km, It has light Grey Leather seats and they have started to discolor already, I wear grey Jeans or Black work trousers !

I am glad im getting black leather in mine !

·
Registered
209 Posts
FWIW, I have a 2003 Lexus GS 300 with light grey leather, it's done 55k miles, I wear denim when I'm not working in the winter, and the seats still look great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts