Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
The ones you like? Thats a tough question, much like what flavor icecream do you want?
The car is pretty well equipped from the factory. Everything else is just fun add ons. IMHO

·
Registered
27 Posts
which options are worth purchasing?
In our area you do it by package.

Package A is the base model
Package B adds better sound system, backup camera, rain sensing wiper, etc. and is $2805
Package C adds Nav, Traffic, Blutooth, etc. (includes B) and is $4875
Package D adds LED headlights (includes B&C) and is $6090
Package E adds the PCS and Radar Cruise (includes B,C,D) and is $7590

Not all packages are available in all areas of the country. AFAIK you cannot spec out individual options to create your own package but have to choose from the packages that Lexus offers in your area or the area wherever you purchase from.

My personal opinion is that most cars are being built with Option B and far fewer are C,D or E.

Personally I would want a C or D car, but I don't think I see enough value in E to swing the extra $1500 for it, I'm not really sold that LED lights should cost $1200 more than Xenons because there are far fewer components needed to operate the LED lights, so I think the option pricing there is simply gravy for Lexus and a "wow" or "cool" factor. One thing though, potentially running the LED headlights on battery only mode "might" mean you could go further than if you were using battery only and had regular Xenons since they would be sucking more juice. Is that an extra mile, or an extra 50 feet I don't know. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
^ you may be confusing the ct200h's halogen projectors as xenon, unless you're talking about a whole different car. the ct200h only comes with two types of headlamps: halogen or led.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
"One thing though, potentially running the LED headlights on battery only mode "might" mean you could go further than if you were using battery only and had regular Xenons since they would be sucking more juice. Is that an extra mile, or an extra 50 feet I don't know."

FYI - Lights and accessories run off the 12 volt system not the traction battery.
So the capacity of the battery used to provide motion is only indirectly impacted by the load on the 12 volt battery

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ken: LEDs are expensive, and you need extra cooling and stuff to make it work. So ofc its more expensive than the halogen.

A side note: How is the full beam? I thought that was halogen on halogen lamps and xenon on the LED-lamps?

Audi4t: It will consume as much fuel any how since the generator will have to load the 12V battery with exactly as much power as the lamps sucks out of it.. but you are right, the powerconsumption from the lamps is probably to small to even start calculating on.

choi0706: Thats very individual what you value high enough to spend money on.
Personally I love the keyless function. Bluetooth is nice, im sick of the bad beam from my current halogen lights so I took LED this time. Cruise control is a must for me, but I didnt take the radar version even thou I really wanted it.
Metallic paint ofc, the non metallic is a pure pain. Park-sensors is very nice when living in a town. Took the factory tinted windows since I like that better than the aftermarket versions. Auto deblending(sorry dont know the correct word) mirrors is a must if driving much on dark highways according to me.

So its very hard to say whats worth the bucks and whats not since we value everything differently.
Good luck with the decitions!

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Halogen high beams on all models

Low beams either LED or halogen

My wife's car just has halogen high and low beams

To be perfectly honest the halogen low beams on the CT are very good.

They are as good as the Xenons I had on previously owned Audi TT's

·
Registered
222 Posts
i won't agree the halogen low beams are as good as xenon/hid but they are probably one of the best halogen headlamps i've seen.

·
Registered
27 Posts
^ you may be confusing the ct200h's halogen projectors as xenon, unless you're talking about a whole different car. the ct200h only comes with two types of headlamps: halogen or led.
Really? Sorry, I thought they were Xenons because of the shape, my bad, guess I should have read the brochure better! You can get Xenons on the Mazda 3, what's up Lexus???

·
Registered
134 Posts
Probably trying to keep the cost down. Just like you can't get the drivers memory seat without the leather package. No option for the Mark Levinson stereo in the US. HomeLink not standard, it's part of a package, etc.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I also was disappointed that the Mark Levinson stereo system wasn't included. I have about every option and didn't notice till later that it didn't have it, as I had thought that I had read somewhere that the Premium radio package included it. :(

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I think outside the US, the premium audio package INCLUDES the Mark Levinson system. Sucks for us in the US.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You don't have to order a car with a package to get some of the options. You do have to special order it though. My car is ordered with leather and LED HL's, but not NAV or sound. It's a dealer only thing, and obviously they will try to sell you an entire package.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well to me,

I need homelink, but not interested in the other things it comes with..

Are the LED lamps MUCH brighter? Or between HID and Halogen?

Maybe homelink can be bought and added?

Memory seats, I miss them from my old Lexus..

Heated seats is a nice feature..

I'm in Houston, TX..

Audio,nav,seat material isnt important to me..

·
Registered
410 Posts
And no Bob, you can't return it! LOL I completely understand, there are a few features I wanted too, but had to do without in order to get the car asap. Oh well, we beggars can't be choosey, right? ;-)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anyone familiar with the remote start option on the CT? Is it just a one way function, or do you get startup confirmation, etc? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
You get start-up confirmation via flashing of the lights 3 times.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
However, in terms of feedback via remote, it is only one-way.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
well to me,

I need homelink, but not interested in the other things it comes with..

Are the LED lamps MUCH brighter? Or between HID and Halogen?

Maybe homelink can be bought and added?

Memory seats, I miss them from my old Lexus..

Heated seats is a nice feature..

I'm in Houston, TX..

Audio,nav,seat material isnt important to me..

You can make your own homelink.

Buy a used (3 position) unit on E-bay for about $25 - either mount it in a box or install it in the panel under the steering wheel and power it up with 12v and program it like any other homelink unit.

Did it on both my BMW and my wife's CT - now we have control of each others garage door without carrying two remotes in each vehicle - make sure you buy the rolling code version if that's what you have.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts