Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just set up the NAV screen to NOT change back to NAV when I'm tuning stations on the XM part of the raido (it would go back to a NAV map after about 20 seconds...no more). But, other than turning the little tuning wheel on the right side of the stereo, how do you see all the XM staions on the screen...ie: the formants of what is available to listen to?

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
How did you change the setup? I want mine to stay on the radio screen. I imagine I could drag out that very thick owner's manual, but this seems sooooooooo much easier.

·
Registered
180 Posts
How did you change the setup? I want mine to stay on the radio screen. I imagine I could drag out that very thick owner's manual, but this seems sooooooooo much easier.
I've never had your problem, as far as I know, and I've never changed any settings. What I do is push the "Menu" button (the top left one) on the pointer control, then select "AUDIO" (on the far right) and then select the "SAT" tab (if not already selected). Then there is a button labeled "TEXT" in the bottom left corner. It toggles between the preset channel tile display and the tag data for the program you're currently listening to. I'm obviously not in the car right now, so I'm doing this from memory. Please forgive any mistakes I've made in specific labels or screen positions. The only way that I've found to tune a specific station is to use the tuning knob on the lower console audio controls. I hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just set up the NAV screen to NOT change back to NAV when I'm tuning stations on the XM part of the radio (it would go back to a NAV map after about 20 seconds...no more). But, other than turning the little tuning wheel on the right side of the stereo, how do you see all the XM staions on the screen...ie: the formants of what is available to listen to?
On the "SAT" tab page next to the "TEXT" button, are 2 buttons labeled "<TYPE" and "TYPE>". These scroll through different catagories and display the channels on the screen. I don't recall if it's a scroll or a tile display, I set my presets early and don't use the "TYPE" screens much. :)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not in the car now but it's under the "GENERAL" setup tab...I think it's the 2nd option down from the top...just make sure when you change it, you hit "SAVE" on the bottom right of the screen when you're done. Then, it will stay on the audio screen and it you want NAV, you push the button for it.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Not in the car now but it's under the "GENERAL" setup tab...I think it's the 2nd option down from the top...just make sure when you change it, you hit "SAVE" on the bottom right of the screen when you're done. Then, it will stay on the audio screen and it you want NAV, you push the button for it.
On page 304 of your navigation manual under General settings, set the "Auto screen change" to "Off". You are right ;) it is the 2nd option down from the top

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
There must be something wrong with mine. My auto screen change is set to off and still the nav screen comes up every time I start the car. Since I already know how to get to work, I would much rather have audio be the default screen.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
There must be something wrong with mine. My auto screen change is set to off and still the nav screen comes up every time I start the car. Since I already know how to get to work, I would much rather have audio be the default screen.
I don't think you can change the default screen from Nav, but you should be able to switch to Audio once and have it stay on that screen.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I believe all the auto screen change does is control if the screen automatically changes back to the map once you change it to another screen or not. I think the map will always be the first screen that comes up...I could be wrong.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you shut the car off with the audio screen, it will start up with it. I've been this way for months. NAV comes up only when I click on the "Map" button. Maybe you never canceled your "active" route guidance. I don't know if it would carry over through a shut down, but it's a thought!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts