Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...is that the drivers sun visor does a dreadful job at blocking sun coming thru the drivers door window. Wish it slid out (ie expanded) like my Acura.
What aftermarket solutions are out there? Was thinking about those smoke colored removable films that parents put on back windows for babies, but not even sure where one buys.

Am resisting buying extreme wrap-around sunglasses as well.

Other than that, they build design is tight I'd say.

·
Registered
267 Posts
that's the only flaw you can find?? :D
i wouldn't recommend those dark films you mentioned. they look horrible and they bubble up and fade quickly. plus, if a cop was feeling like a jerk, he/she may write you up for it.
why resist a nice pair of shades? :cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
This seriously annoys the crap outta me. Even my Dodge Magnum has and extendable visor. Such a simple design. How/Who do we talk to at Lexus to get them to design an acceptable sun visor? And provide it as a free retrofit for owners. Anyone in the after market have a solution?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ya, this was a pretty big mistake. I had this problem on the long north/south drive from here to LA, the sun visor was basically useless the whole time. I hope they come out with an updated one eventually...

But the no rear cupholder thing is probably my biggest annoyance :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
The sun-visor problem is the only one that has really gotten me irritated while driving the car. It is worthless, worse than worthless because it adds the irritation factor that it is there, but does nothing to block the sun (from the side). I vote recall!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
My pet peeve is the lack of rear cupholders.

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Can't believe I forgot about this as a top contender in the design (or engineering) flaw department (for me at least) which now surpasses my rear-cupholder pet-peeve actually. That is, the sunroof operation. When fully opened, you have to press the Close button once, wait 4-5 seconds, then press Close a final time to fully close the sunroof. Why couldn't they program the button such that if you double-press it quickly or hold it for 2 seconds initially, it closes all the way?

Btw, the Fischer aftermarket cupholder looks good.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Thats a safety feature, to keep it from closing on people accidentally.
It's still BS for a pseudo luxury label. Should have sensing to detect if something is blocking the glass.

The other thing I can't figure is why no grab handle on drivers to door.

How many other cars have none symmetrical doors.

Is this a Lexus thing?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thats a safety feature, to keep it from closing on people accidentally.

Put your hand up with a small thug against the closing roof and the direction will reverse. The safety feature is already there. The "Close" should have just been one touch, not two.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The other thing I can't figure is why no grab handle on drivers to door.

How many other cars have none symmetrical doors.

Is this a Lexus thing?
I think it has to do with making room for/accessing the button array for the windows, etc. Just a guess, but I don't think there would be enough room for them with the passenger door handle design. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here are some pictures of the Fischer cupholder. The first one shows the bracket that can be purchased to help anchor the cupholder to the center console. I also added some velcro to the back of the cupholder to keep it from moving side to side. I had to remove the back of the center console to cut a slit in the carpet to allow the bracket to slip under the console.

View attachment 37679 View attachment 37680 View attachment 37681

·
Registered
371 Posts
I bought my CT because I drove all the best hybrids available in my price range and I thought it would best fit my needs not to mention it's the best handling, best riding, most comfortable and it's a very handsome looking vehicle around. But, does have a lot of shortfalls in my estimation. Some of my top peeves are: the navigational system is inferior to even that of a handheld Gramin. It takes forever to select a radio station using the mouse or to access other information on the navigational screen. The backup camera doesn’t have grid lines to give you an indication of how close you are to what’s behind you (yes, I can see my bumper just before hitting something). My side mirrors jiggle and the dealers says it’s normal, however it drives in insane. I won’t go on because I know others are positively in love with their CT and don't want to hear negative comments about their CT. I only wish I would have done a little more research before waiting 4.5 months for delivery to find out about some of these annoyances. Don't get me wrong, no car is perfect and I'm not a CT hater at all -- I'm just not totally in love with the car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.