Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had the car a couple of days now and can say we are very happy with the purchase.

For the price, the build quality and materials are pretty good.

Now for the minor whining:

(1) The hood support is a metal prop (are we in the 60's) - how much more would pneumatic pistons have been?

(2) This car is so full of safety features why aren't heated side mirrors standard. Particularly here in New England when we have a lot of days below freezing and the mirrors often frost over.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's strange I think they are standard, if you look in the manuel it says that when you activate the rear defroster then the heated mirror also come on.......At least on the B Pack.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info - I'm used to automatic temp sensing (BMW's and Audis)

I just informed my wife but I know she'll forget !!!!

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Typically I hand wash my cars at least once a week. Part of the drying process is to lift the hood and dry all the crevices. Also check the oil and clean off any dust etc. on the engine cover. Pretty anal but that's the routine. So in my case it's a regular and frequent event.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Typically I hand wash my cars at least once a week. Part of the drying process is to lift the hood and dry all the crevices. Also check the oil and clean off any dust etc. on the engine cover. Pretty anal but that's the routine. So in my case it's a regular and frequent event.
Wow it's pretty anal, but I know you take great joy in doing it! I wish I had the time to do that with my long commutes and just had a baby (I loved cleaning my Acura Legend inside and out back in the day).

Thanks for the info, I was getting frustrated with the non-heated side mirrors. I'll try it out in the morning...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi y'all,
I know it sounds quaint, but I think it is to do with an obsession to save weight. It reminds me of a story my late father told me. He worked for General Motors here in Australia, Many years ago, he asked me a rhetorical question, "How do we get the price of a car down by $100?" His answer was, "Penny by penny". Similarly, bonnet rods and bamboo speaker cones save Lexus precious ounces to help reduce the car by pounds.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Thanks for the info, I was getting frustrated with the non-heated side mirrors. I'll try it out in the morning...
Does that mean you have a base model and not the premium CT for $1,000 more? I assumed all CT's came w/ the heated mirrors, so is it just the ones that have heated seats?

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
All CTS have the hood supporting rod

All CTs have the hood supporting rod, same as the IS300 used to have. Non-pneumatics to fail and saves weight. Really, how often do you open your hood ? :confused: ...unless you went through DDM installation, troubleshooting and removal, and Kensun replacement :D

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Does that mean you have a base model and not the premium CT for $1,000 more? I assumed all CT's came w/ the heated mirrors, so is it just the ones that have heated seats?

The rear side mirrors defog when you turn on the rear defogger/defroster; it is on all CTs, independent of whether or not the CT has heated seats.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

The rear side mirrors defog when you turn on the rear defogger/defroster; it is on all CTs, independent of whether or not the CT has heated seats.

Yes, I'm aware of that and have used it before. I was asking about the heated mirrors as "darith" said he didn't have heated mirrors.

Thanks, you're right about all CT's having them, just found this on the Lexus site:

Power-adjustable outside mirrors with turn indicators and defoggers

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
There is a minor confusion in terminology; Lexus doesn't call their mirrors heated or de-icing, they just say defogging. In the case if the CT what they are calling defogging means "Heated" mirrors; LOL maybe defogging means "warm", instead of heated "medium heat", instead of de-icing "high heat".

·
Registered
842 Posts
There is a minor confusion in terminology; Lexus doesn't call their mirrors heated or de-icing, they just say defogging. In the case if the CT what they are calling defogging means "Heated" mirrors; LOL maybe defogging means "warm", instead of heated "medium heat", instead of de-icing "high heat".
If they called them "de-icing" someone would be talking about suing them if they got caught parking outside in a blizzard and it didn't negate the need for a snow plow.

We don't have that problem in South Florida. I would rather have had the A/C in the seats than the heated ones.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
If they called them "de-icing" someone would be talking about suing them if they got caught parking outside in a blizzard and it didn't negate the need for a snow plow.

We don't have that problem in South Florida. I would rather have had the A/C in the seats than the heated ones.
I completely agree with you about what they call the mirror heating and "air conditioned seats" would have been a better option. And Houston like South Florida doesn't have cold weather ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts