Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined this group to see what others are saying about delivery times. When I placed the order I was told 4 to 6 weeks since it was a standard build with nothing special. After 8 weeks the dealer told me it was going to be another 4 to 6 weeks. I am now 10 weeks in and still no word from the dealer. In Columbus, Ohio we only have one Lexus dealer so I'm not sure if I am getting the true story. I see others that placed their order after me have already received their cars. Is this a dealer problem? Has anyone else experienced problems with Germain Lexus of Columbus?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would wait another week to see if the dealer can check if it's in transit. I highly doubt it's a dealer issue, as I've heard the dealers around here are still waiting for deliveries from March orders.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
There a multiple threads active with a lot of people facing the same problems. From my understanding with the earthquake/tsunami many of the sub contractors had major issues and were only working at 10% capacity until recently where they are up at around 50%. So its not necessarily a dealer issue. The factories are doing their best, but with all the orders on wait, they are pumping out as many as they can. Dealers are having hard time getting hard dates for when vehicles can be expected.

It will also depends on what model of CT your orderd, color and features. I've read that those who want LED options have to wait 4-6 weeks longer, so many things have to be considered.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I ordered mine right about the same time that you did (Red/Black/Nav). I was initially told July/August by two separate Long Island dealers. About a week after I ordered it, the dealer called me saying that the car wouldn't be built until August and would be available September/October.

On July 1, I called the dealer and was told that they were now expecting it in Early August. Today I learned that I can pick it up next Thursday (7/21).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered mine right about the same time that you did (Red/Black/Nav). I was initially told July/August by two separate Long Island dealers. About a week after I ordered it, the dealer called me saying that the car wouldn't be built until August and would be available September/October.

On July 1, I called the dealer and was told that they were now expecting it in Early August. Today I learned that I can pick it up next Thursday (7/21).
My order was for Red/Tan/No Nav and still no word on my order. Shouldn't the dealer be able to find out manufacture date or ship date. They are offering me a silver/black/no nav but i'm afraid if i take it my red will ship the following week and after waiting 13 weeks i would be upset.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would say wait it out if it were me. No sense in paying that much money for anything other than your first choice... but that is just my two cents.

Especially if you have waited this long, what is a few more weeks to get what you had your heart set on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've been on 2 waiting lists since April also, and I'd take 3 exterior colors. Have gotten calls from both dealers in the last 3 weeks, but I'm holding out for Carmel interior. Personally I just think all those Californians are hogging them! ;-)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just took delivery of my car on 7/12/11. I ordered white, but took a black car with the same options. As I mentioned in another thread, I don't believe that our specific order is entered into the production schedule. Because if that is true, the dealership would be able to share the VIN info with us. I have ordered German cars, and the VIN numbers are always available shortly after I placed the orders.

I think the dealership would call us when they have allocations that match (or similar) to our order.

BTW... the manufacturing date for my car is 6/11.

Tim

·
Registered
130 Posts
As I mentioned in another thread, I don't believe that our specific order is entered into the production schedule. Because if that is true, the dealership would be able to share the VIN info with us. I have ordered German cars, and the VIN numbers are always available shortly after I placed the orders.
Tim
I disagree. When I ordered my car, I was told that there was a 0% chance of the dealership being able to make a trade for what I wanted because Black isn't the standard interior for the red car. They said that it's only available by special order. I'm picking up my Red/Black/Nav CT on Thursday.

I think that the difference between the German cars that you've bought in the past and the CT is that the German manufacturers never had to deal with the aftermath of a tsunami and multiple earthquakes when you've placed those orders. While I do believe that special orders are being put into the production schedule, I don't think that they are getting bumped to the front of the production schedule, as is more likely to happen when a manufacturer is not already months behind schedule due to circumstances beyond their control.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Special orders were closed for at least 2 months. They are back open now. 2012s will begin prduction soon so maybe it had something to do with that.

As far as being put at the head of the production line, we can only hope.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Toyota (and Lexus) is the leader in Lean Manufacturing, and their manufacturing processes are second to none. I do recognize the impact of the tsunami and earthquakes, and that they have to catch up with the backlog of the "normal" production.

However, if our order is entered into the production schedule, I would expect a VIN number and an estimate of the delivery date. So far, I have not heard anyone of us receives any VIN info and/or the estimated time of arrival for our order based on the VIN. Most of us would get a call indicating that our car is coming without any prior info. From my experience through this exercise and from reading about others' experience, I believe that the dealerships are trying to match our order with the available allocations. Perhaps the real delivery date for our specific order as it's entered into the production schedule is too far out, Lexus and their dealers elect to not communicate the real order status to their customers.

Tim

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have been put on wait list since the end of June. I have passed up at least 4 cars to date. But, mine should be here at in the middle of August. Maybe sooner. I have gotten 2 base models, 2 premiums, and 1 fully loaded with nav, leather and leds. I am wanting a Fire Agate Pearl. The colors I turned down were white, silver, and 2 reds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts