Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday I made a deal with the local dealer to buy their loaded up demo from them.
Yesterday , the dealer dropped the car off to have the window tint done on there dollar.
Today the dealer picked car up from tinter and dropped the car off at facility to install clear bra to hood,fender,bumper,mirrors,door cups and edge guards.

This place called me to inform me of a rock/paint chip on driver side door about 1 foot below mirror.

Dammit,I wanted a perfect car for one day.

What would you folks do? Accept it with the chip or refuse car and now hunt for another one?

·
Registered
352 Posts
It's gonna happen eventually, the road is a harsh enviroment. I would just make sure they fix it on their dime, unless they have another car aavailable in the near future you are willing to wait for.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I want a perfect car too! Can they fix it? If not, I'd pass

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's gonna happen eventually, the road is a harsh enviroment. I would just make sure they fix it on their dime, unless they have another car aavailable in the near future you are willing to wait for.

I know it's going to happen,especially here in Tucson.You couldn't find a car that doesn't have one.
Of course they are willing to fix it,Except I don't want a repainted car before I technically own it.If you know what I mean.

I'm afraid to wait for another car from them.I'm now afraid they will nick pick my trade in now.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want a perfect car too! Can they fix it? If not, I'd pass
They are willing to fix it.I just didn't want a repainted fender this soon into owning a car.

I'd settle for a place that can touch up without repainting entire panel.I've seen some place do touch up and you can't tell.Unfortunately I don't know of any here

·
Registered
237 Posts
They are willing to fix it.I just didn't want a repainted fender this soon into owning a car.

I'd settle for a place that can touch up without repainting entire panel.I've seen some place do touch up and you can't tell.Unfortunately I don't know of any here
Most dealers around here have contracts with people that do this type of touch up, I would assume that is what they would do. If they had noticed the chip first they probably would have had it done and you would have never known. If it can be fixed to your satisfaction I would probably take it.

·
Registered
58 Posts

What options are you getting? If you can drive up to Phoenix both Scottsdale Lexus and Bell Lexus have CTs in Stock. Bell has 2 White premium ones and one Red and I believe Scottsdale has a Red one and the Daybreak Yellow one.

I wouldnt buy the demo. Its been driven by 100s of people and on the CarFax report its going to say either fleet or demo and its going to hurt your resale down the road.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What options are you getting? If you can drive up to Phoenix both Scottsdale Lexus and Bell Lexus have CTs in Stock. Bell has 2 White premium ones and one Red and I believe Scottsdale has a Red one and the Daybreak Yellow one.

I wouldnt buy the demo. Its been driven by 100s of people and on the CarFax report its going to say either fleet or demo and its going to hurt your resale down the road.
That actually shows up on CarFax? I didn't know that, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Even if the car has only been on lot for 11 days? Only has approx 130 miles and I put 30+ miles on it myself.
Would car still get listed as demo even if only 11 days old?

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Even if the car has only been on lot for 11 days? Only has approx 130 miles and I put 30+ miles on it myself.
Would car still get listed as demo even if only 11 days old?
I would check and find out for sure how it will be titled. In all likelyhood, even though it has 130 miles on it, it will still be classified as new. CarFax would not show if it has not been titled previously. I think someone threw the FUD flag at you unneccessarily; because think about how could hundreds of people driving it only put an average of less then 1.3 miles each. Maybe a few people test drove it, but not hundreds. Again check if the car will be titled first to you, if so it is new, then go for it!

Good Luck in your decision!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would check and find out for sure how it will be titled. In all likelyhood, even though it has 130 miles on it, it will still be classified as new. CarFax would not show if it has not been titled previously. I think someone threw the FUD flag at you unneccessarily; because think about how could hundreds of people driving it only put an average of less then 1.3 miles each. Maybe a few people test drove it, but not hundreds. Again check if the car will be titled first to you, if so it is new, then go for it!

Good Luck in your decision!
FUD flag?

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
FUD

FUD flag?
FUD = Fear Uncertainty Doubt ---

meaning needlessly causing someone extra worry when it is not justified

·
Registered
237 Posts
FUD = Fear Uncertainty Doubt ---

meaning needlessly causing someone extra worry when it is not justified
Oh...got it. Hadn't heard that one before.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dealer sent me car fax . Shows went thru pre delivery July 11 and then put up for sale July 12. Is there anything else I need to know or ask ?

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Dealer sent me car fax . Shows went thru pre delivery July 11 and then put up for sale July 12. Is there anything else I need to know or ask ?
Make sure you are the first person it is being "titled" too! .. Then you should be good to go!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Make sure you are the first person it is being "titled" too! .. Then you should be good to go!

Wouldn't car fax show if it was titled ? They claim it is a new title ,but how do i know for sure

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
You are correct

Wouldn't car fax show if it was titled ? They claim it is a new title ,but how do i know for sure

Types of data provided to CARFAX:

U.S. motor vehicle agencies
  • Branded titles, includingsalvage/junk, flood and more
  • Truth in Mileage Act (TIMA) certified odometer readings
  • Manufacturer buybacks or lemon titles
  • Registration records, including original vehicle use and city/state where the vehicle was registered
  • Accident damage reports
  • Stolen vehicles
  • Ownership transfers
  • Lien information
  • Identify problem titles
  • Uncover potential odometer fraud
  • Learn estimated number of owners
  • Learn where the vehicle has been registered
  • Identify how the vehicle may have been used (rental, taxi,lease, etc.)
  • Uncover past accidents
Canadian provincial motor vehicle agencies
  • Vehicle registrations
  • Problem brands
  • Odometer readings
  • Ownership transfers
  • Find cross-border activity
  • Identify problem brands
  • Learn estimated number of owners
Auto auctions
  • Odometer readings
Collision repair facilities
  • Accident indicators, including:
  • Structural/frame damage
  • Collision repair history
  • Uncover past accidents that resulted in repairs
Service/ maintenance facilities
  • Service or maintenance records including dates and services offered
  • Learn maintenance history
  • See where the car has been serviced
Insurance companies
  • Total loss vehicles
  • Stolen vehicles
  • Identify accidents which may not have resulted in salvage/junk titles
Salvage auctions
  • Salvaged vehicles
  • Vehicles sold at auction
  • Identify salvaged cars that may not have been assigned salvage titles by motor vehicle agencies
Automotive recyclers
  • Recycled parts that were requested for a repair
  • Uncover major maintenance repairs
  • Identify damage events that may not have been reported to law enforcement agencies or insurance companies
Rental/fleet vehicle companies
  • Total loss and damage history
  • Maintenance/service history
  • Learn damage history
  • Learn repair/maintenance history
State inspection stations
  • Odometer readings
  • Location of inspection site
  • Pass/fail safety and emissions inspection status
  • Inspection details
  • Identify vehicle driving patterns
  • Identify compliance problems
Extended warranty companies
  • Major repair and maintenance history
  • Learn repair/maintenance history
Fire departments
  • Fire damage reports from across the U.S.
  • Identify vehicles damaged in fire incidents
Manufacturers
  • Open recalls
  • Certified pre-owned (CPO) vehicles
  • Service and maintenance history
  • Courtesy buybacks
  • Identify recalls that need to be completed
  • Identify vehicles inspected and certified by manufacturers
  • Learn maintenance history
Law enforcement agencies
  • Stolen vehicle records
  • Police department accident reports (various state and local jurisdictions)
  • Identify stolen vehicles
  • Uncover past accidents
Car dealerships
  • Vehicles offered for sale
  • Odometer readings
  • Learn odometer history
Import/export companies
  • Vehicle transfers and locations
  • Compliance dates
  • Identify out-of-country history
  • Verify emissions standards compliance