Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought it would be a good idea for a Canadian related post.

So who's got one in Canada? Any stock issues ?

Which package did you get ? Color?

:D

Are you happy?

Canadian Review : http://www.autos.ca/first-drives/first-drive-2011-lexus-ct-200h/2

Here's a list of canadian riders!

1) jimmyjamez (Toronto
2) Claude (Montreal)
3) fitzknits (Ontario)
4) allandal (Ottawa)
5) darkride (Ontario)
6) Team Lexus (Toronto)
7) corrado mr2 (Toronto)
8) bmoy88 (Montreal)
9) nation (Ontario?)
10) Boeleni (Mississauga)
11) ultran00b (Toronto)
12) maydayx3 (Quebec)
13) NWH144 (Halifax)
14) flyarnk (?)
15) Deuce (Toronto)
16) bleufee (Vancouver)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, we bought a week ago. we were told it would be delivered some time in May. they would not be able to provide an exact date.

we were told by the local deal they had sold from 8 to 12 per week. they were worried about the potential shortage too.

In Canada we don't have that many flexible option packages. so we went with the premium just for the leather seats. we did not care a bunch of other features that come with package.

Given high gas prices here in Canada, we think we did right thing buying our second hybrid (the first one is camry bought in 2007).

How about yours?

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I should be getting the CT tomorrow, pretty excited especially with the warm weather thats been happening past few days. yay summer :)

Obsidian /w Nav

I'll let you know about any issues in couple of weeks, but I did a lot of waiting and research before, so I'm sure I'll be happy with my choice (Over a year since the LF-Ch concept debuted).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you order something out of the ordinary ? Is that why it's going to take a while ?

Which dealership ?

Hi, we bought a week ago. we were told it would be delivered some time in May. they would not be able to provide an exact date.

we were told by the local deal they had sold from 8 to 12 per week. they were worried about the potential shortage too.

In Canada we don't have that many flexible option packages. so we went with the premium just for the leather seats. we did not care a bunch of other features that come with package.

Given high gas prices here in Canada, we think we did right thing buying our second hybrid (the first one is camry bought in 2007).

How about yours?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW sweet! max to the max.

I test drove one at richmond hill lexus. I was very impressed with the vehicle.

Congrats! and I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow!

I should be getting the CT tomorrow, pretty excited especially with the warm weather thats been happening past few days. yay summer :)

Obsidian /w Nav

I'll let you know about any issues in couple of weeks, but I did a lot of waiting and research before, so I'm sure I'll be happy with my choice (Over a year since the LF-Ch concept debuted).

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Thanks,

I had ordered 2 weeks ago, originally was said to be 6-8 weeks which I understood because of high demand and issues over in Japan but was fortunate enough to get a dealer swap with a nearby dealer for a CT that had what I wanted/colour

Best of luck to all those purchasing or have the vehicles, look forward to hearing from all of you as your experiences with the CT continue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you order something out of the ordinary ? Is that why it's going to take a while ?

Which dealership ?
No, we didn't want nuluxe seats so had to go one grade up for leather. but that package has some other features that are not that useful to us.

the long wait is just caused by general situation in Japan. there had been a production disruption there I was told.

I'm in Ottawa so there are only two dealers in town.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Darkride, I'm glad your wait will be over today - have a blast! Post pictures.

As for the wait if the dealer put in an order, Lexus of Kingston is telling me that they have no information on the wait time. I ordered March 3, but the dealer has no VIN#. I don't know if Lexus Canada gives less info to their dealers than in the US? I ordered a Canadian Touring package and I fear that there is no real order, just dibs on the next one off the line and that the small volume of that trim line will mean a long wait.

Japan is experiencing new seismic trouble and still has 100,000s of people without permanent shelter and I feel twinges of guilt about wanting my car NOW.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hello Canadian friends of CT!
Bought the base model in Smoky granite mica 1 day after it was out! I had been reading on this car 2-3 months before it got out, so I was anxious to try it when it got out, and I certainly wasn't disappointed.
Being a rep on the road, this car totally fullfill my needs: comfort, fuel economy, reliability.
For the first time in my life, I have a smile when I go fill up the car!
I live in the suburbe of MTL.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm glad to here another happy Lexus Canadian owner!

It does have everything in one.

Hello Canadian friends of CT!
Bought the base model in Smoky granite mica 1 day after it was out! I had been reading on this car 2-3 months before it got out, so I was anxious to try it when it got out, and I certainly wasn't disappointed.
Being a rep on the road, this car totally fullfill my needs: comfort, fuel economy, reliability.
For the first time in my life, I have a smile when I go fill up the car!
I live in the suburbe of MTL.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
:( Well I guess its not surprising that I did not receive my vehicle today, dealer said it hasn't got off transport from other dealer yet. I hope this doesn't mean they went and sold the vehicle to someone else and are stalling on me

I'll keep you all updated

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well I heard from my dealer last night. My order is in "priority position", no VIN# yet and an ETA of early June.
Darkride - I am crossing my fingers for you.

·
Registered
193 Posts
So the tally of Canadian CT200h owners that I can see so far.....:

1) jimmyjamez
2) Claude (Montreal)
3) fitzknits (Ontario)
4) allandal (Ottawa)
5) darkride (Ontario)
6) Team Lexus (Toronto)
7) corrado mr2 (Toronto)
8) bmoy88 (Montreal)
9) nation (Ontario?)

Feel free to update/add info etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I picked up my Starfire Pearl w/ Black Leather Tech Pacakge first week of March. In Mississauga. Loving it!

1) jimmyjamez
2) Claude (Montreal)
3) fitzknits (Ontario)
4) allandal (Ottawa)
5) darkride (Ontario)
6) Team Lexus (Toronto)
7) corrado mr2 (Toronto)
8) bmoy88 (Montreal)
9) nation (Ontario?)
10) Boeleni (Mississauga)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Have had my Starfire Pearl/Ivory leather with the Premium package for 13 days now and am loving it! Got my car on April 1st with a full tank and 7 KMs on the odometer. Refueled 9 days later when my CRUISE meter showed about 6 KMs to go. Put in approximately 35 litres. At that point, I had driven a bit over 650 KMs.

Definitely better fuel consumption than my 2005 Matrix 4WD!

And gotta love the WOW! factor. I've had at least 5 thumbs up while driving on top of the others who have vebally complimented me on the choice of cars.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm from Toronto.

I put a down my deposit for my vehicle yesterday. I was able to get a Base White on Black w/ Nuluxe.

Paid MRSP came with a few freebies but nothing huge. I'll update this when I get the vehicle.

I did have to pay for Global-i protection, cost about 2-300 bucks for that and enviromental costs about $30.

The car is on it's way from Japan and I was lucky enough that someone pulled out and bought another vehicle last minute.

It'll be here in about a week and 1/2. Est. April 23-25 is my pickup date.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
The car is on it's way from Japan and I was lucky enough that someone pulled out and bought another vehicle last minute.
Aren't you lucky, I'm sure their will be lots of envious people. Hopefully everything goes to plan on a April ~23rd pick up :) Just in time for the warm weather

1 - 20 of 251 Posts