Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried to swap out the rear license plate light and fog lights on the older models to the newer oem LED's the 2014 Ct comes with? I have a 2013 F Sport model and I was wondering if it was a direct swap without any mods. I tried asking my local Lexus dealer today but all they said was they wasn't sure. Some BS IMO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt it. Too soon. As far as license plate lights just get smd led wedge bulb off eBay or Amazon. Much cheaper and same look.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yeah I thought about getting led's off of those sites .. I was looking at the Slyvania led but I wanted to go with oem parts so I wouldn't have to worry about flickering and stuff ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it is BS on their part. They just have a lot more important things on their plate than catering to enthusiasts. If you ever get lucky enough to get a parts manager or service tech that is also a car enthusiast, then you are in fat city, but otherwise, to many, it is just a job. They don't love the car, they just work on it, and part of their job does not require that they check interchangeability of parts. If the part breaks, they ask for another one and they get it from the parts department, no analysis or thought involved.
Yeah your right.. They even asked the tech guys but they just came back to me and told me that they have no idea if it would fit or not.. I was a little disappointed .. I guess I'm just going to have to take a chance and buy the parts to see if it really plug and play..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.