Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Has anybody tried to swap out the rear license plate light and fog lights on the older models to the newer oem LED's the 2014 Ct comes with? I have a 2013 F Sport model and I was wondering if it was a direct swap without any mods. I tried asking my local Lexus dealer today but all they said was they wasn't sure. Some BS IMO
I doubt it. Too soon. As far as license plate lights just get smd led wedge bulb off eBay or Amazon. Much cheaper and same look.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
990 Posts
Yeah I thought about getting led's off of those sites .. I was looking at the Slyvania led but I wanted to go with oem parts so I wouldn't have to worry about flickering and stuff ..
Why would there be flickering? I have LED fogs, no flickering at all. You only get flickering in daytime running light applications at they are computer controlled.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The sylvania LEDriving 194/168 bulbs lasted about 2 months. For $11/each, it wasn't worth it to keep replacing them. I'm now on a pair of cheap LED bulbs from amazon. If these don't last then I don't care to have the look for the cost.

Im not sure if it was the cold weather or the repeated trauma from closing the trunk.
My cheap eBay ones have been going 2 years strong. There is certainly no trauma in closing the trunk. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.