Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I purchased a set of OEM LED headlights to swap in place of the OEM Halogen ones but while I found some post online about users wanting/have done the swap one thing that was missing was the wiring diagram/pin outs. So I wrote it down in case someone else was looking to do the swap.

Here are the steps/pin outs needed to make your own OEM Halogen to OEM LED headlight wire harness

Parts needed:
18 awg wire
1/4" wire loom
2 each of the following connectors:
(Stock wire harness)
Lo Beam H11 male pigtail
Hi Beam 90980-11598
Turn Signal 90980-11015
Parking/DRL 90980-11193
(LED headlights)
Lo Beam/Parking/DRL 90980-10988
Hi Beam/Turn Signal/Side Marker 90980-10897

Connectors can be purchased at your local Toyota/Lexus dealer or at your local automotive electronic store.

Connections to the stock lo, hi and turn signal connectors are straight forward. For the gray 6 pin multi connector pin out (Looking directly at the connector)

1 DRL (+)
2 Open
3 Side Marker (+)
4 Parking Light (-)
5 Parking Light (+)
6 Side Marker (-)

Looking at the back of the OEM LED Housing there will be 2 connectors. A gray 8 pin and a white 6 pin connector. Here are the pin out (Looking directly at the connector)

Gray 8 pin
1, 2 & 5 Self leveling motor (not used in this install)
3 Turn Signal (+)
4 Side Marker (+)
6 Open
7 Hi Beam (-)
8 Hi Beam (+)

White 6 pin
1 Lo Beam (+)
2 UNK
3 Parking Light (+)
4 Lo Beam (-)
5 Parking Light (-)
6 DRL (+)

At this point it's painting by numbers. The LED headlight is wired to share ground with the turn signal and side marker light so you do not need to wire their ground to the headlight. Prepare your wires, place it in the appropriate location in each of the connectors, plug everything in and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
2015 F-sport
3 Posts

I purchased a set of OEM LED headlights to swap in place of the OEM Halogen ones but while I found some post online about users wanting/have done the swap one thing that was missing was the wiring diagram/pin outs. So I wrote it down in case someone else was looking to do the swap.

Here are the steps/pin outs needed to make your own OEM Halogen to OEM LED headlight wire harness

Parts needed:
18 awg wire
1/4" wire loom
2 each of the following connectors:
(Stock wire harness)
Lo Beam H11 male pigtail
Hi Beam 90980-11598
Turn Signal 90980-11015
Parking/DRL 90980-11193
(LED headlights)
Lo Beam/Parking/DRL 90980-10988
Hi Beam/Turn Signal/Side Marker 90980-10897

Connectors can be purchased at your local Toyota/Lexus dealer or at your local automotive electronic store.

Connections to the stock lo, hi and turn signal connectors are straight forward. For the gray 6 pin multi connector pin out (Looking directly at the connector)

1 DRL (+)
2 Open
3 Side Marker (+)
4 Parking Light (-)
5 Parking Light (+)
6 Side Marker (-)

Looking at the back of the OEM LED Housing there will be 2 connectors. A gray 8 pin and a white 6 pin connector. Here are the pin out (Looking directly at the connector)

Gray 8 pin
1, 2 & 5 Self leveling motor (not used in this install)
3 Turn Signal (+)
4 Side Marker (+)
6 Open
7 Hi Beam (-)
8 Hi Beam (+)

White 6 pin
1 Lo Beam (+)
2 UNK
3 Parking Light (+)
4 Lo Beam (-)
5 Parking Light (-)
6 DRL (+)

At this point it's painting by numbers. The LED headlight is wired to share ground with the turn signal and side marker light so you do not need to wire their ground to the headlight. Prepare your wires, place it in the appropriate location in each of the connectors, plug everything in and you'll be good to go.
When you purchase the connectors from Toyota do they come with the pins/terminals to add to your wires? If the pins/terminals have to be purchased seperate do you know then P#?

·
Registered
2015 F-sport
3 Posts
I just found out the connector for Hi beam 90980-11598 has been discontinued. Only 1 left in the country - spoke with Lexus and Toyota. My swap involves a donor car with the LEDs to swap into my F sport with halogen. Tricky part for me is getting the Halogens to work in the donor car as it has the self level sensor and a servo motor that adjusts the LED headlight and sends a signal back for position. Thinking I might have to buy two dummy headlight motors to make the computer happy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't sure when I replied to your DM if I mentioned to you that the height adjustment on the donor car was going to be the problem as it will be looking for the motor. I think I remember seeing on ebay that the actual motors where affordable.

As for the connector, I had a local Toyota dealership tell me that about the front turn signal connector. I asked them to order it anyways in case it magically comes up. The very next day I got a call that it was on its way and that it wasn't discontinued but they switch suppliers. Like most connectors, these are used in multiple locations in the car and on multiple vehicles throughout the Toyota/Lexus range so I'm sure with persistence you'll find a pair!

Also since you're doing the swap, don't forget the donor car with the LED headlights also comes with LED fog lights. Actually, I'd just swap the entire front bumpers between the two cars that way not only do you get the LED fog lights but the headlight washers.

·
Registered
2015 F-sport
3 Posts
Yes I was going to get the Fogs out also.. only problem with front bumper swap is the donor is a black 2012 and my F-sport is a white 2015 so I'm gonna have to live without the headlight spray. I found some doorman motors for $55 bucks I'm just gonna cut the adjustment screws that go up into the headlight and let em spin under the headlights.

I'm actually gonna try and condense the connectors I need to buy and just steal the female connectors from my F sport harness. Still gonna make a custom harness but I'm going to try and terminate everything into the 6 pin and 8 pin type connectors from the LED donor. Just using 90980-10987(M) 90980-10988(F) 90980-10897(M) & 90980-10896(F) I ordered 2 of each. Essentially I am going to pop all the pins out of all the connectors in both cars and re-use what I got. Also ordered a new female and male pin kit with wire grommets.

Yea I tried to reply to your PM but since I'm a new user it says I'm only allowed to send one message?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts