Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about the OEM fogs. My CT is due in ~ 1 month and I've already compiled my wish list for things I'm going to be doing to the car. I'm running Piaa 2500k yellow foglights on my current car and want yellow fogs on the CT as well. Are the OEM lights yellow or are they just standard halogen lights?

Next question, does anyone know if the bulb can be changed simply by putting the car on ramps/jacks to get access from behind, or do you need to remove/loosen the bumper in any way? (hoping the latter is NOT the case)

Thanks all!

Jim

·
Registered
193 Posts
Question about the OEM fogs. My CT is due in ~ 1 month and I've already compiled my wish list for things I'm going to be doing to the car. I'm running Piaa 2500k yellow foglights on my current car and want yellow fogs on the CT as well. Are the OEM lights yellow or are they just standard halogen lights?

Next question, does anyone know if the bulb can be changed simply by putting the car on ramps/jacks to get access from behind, or do you need to remove/loosen the bumper in any way? (hoping the latter is NOT the case)

Thanks all!

Jim
Replaced my bulbs today. Simple enough as the changing is in the manual so just follow the instructions. You do not have to remove the bumper but you do have to take a couple of bolts etc. out but nothing too taxing.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts

Thanks all!

Jim
Here's a pic of which panels need to be removed

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks audi4t! That looks easy. So it sounds like the OEM's are just plain lights and not true yellow fogs.

What did you guys put in yours?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Page 559: http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM76004U/pdf/sec_04-03.pdf
Its a H11 55W as standard
Dont know about the color thou, in Sweden its considered geeky (only the backslick guys that think they are cool, unaware mothers and football dads uses them hahaha) so I haven't even tested them :D :D :D
We live in the suburbs - narrow tree lined streets no sidewalks, no streetlights, poor delineation between where blacktop ends.

The CT foglights do significantly add to the illumination on each side of the car, which is very helpful in our local.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks audi4t! That looks easy. So it sounds like the OEM's are just plain lights and not true yellow fogs.

What did you guys put in yours?
I used a super bright white bulb as the stock bulbs had a yellow colour compared to the leds. Also changed the high beam at the same time.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I put in PIAA Xtreme White Plus 4000K H11's. Piece of cake. I just jacked up the front end (as described in the owner's manual), removed two screws, one clip, pulled back the plastic cover and voila! Bulbs changed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i changed from the fender by turning the wheel all way to right if changing the left fog

·
Registered
205 Posts
I put in PIAA Xtreme White Plus 4000K H11's. Piece of cake. I just jacked up the front end (as described in the owner's manual), removed two screws, one clip, pulled back the plastic cover and voila! Bulbs changed.

Could you post a pic at night showing the looks of your new foglights?

Thinking of the same bulb as you chose.Also thinking of same for highbeam.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i changed from the fender by turning the wheel all way to right if changing the left fog
Interesting. That's how I had to change bulbs in my G35...had to remove 3 or 4 plastic clips from the wheel well/fender lining & then bend it back.

How easy was that process & how many clips did you have to take out?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts