Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone opened their driver’s side door in a quite garage and heard the sound of an electric motor or something making a very faint whirring sound? This whirring sound lasts for about 3 or 4 seconds and then turns off. If you close the door and then reopen it, there is no sound. If you let the car set for a length of time, the whirring sound will return when the door is opened again. I’m sure it’s a normal function of the car, but I’m curious where the sound is coming from or what it’s initializing when I open the driver’s door? :confused:

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I have heard it too, if I'm not mistaken, it's the car's coolant pump recirculating heated coolant from the reservoir into the radiator in preparation for when you start the car to minimize ICE warm-up times. I hear it all the time whenever I unlock the car and open the door, so I'd have to assume it's that since the car assumes you're gonna start the car shortly after unlocking it and opening the door.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Same here, I hear it all the time. Still getting used to hearing it each time. Also hear 1 or 2 click/switch type sounds during it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts