Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you noticed that the consumption graph dispayed on the car (when you go to view info on the main nav screen) -- shows blank dates for the date for all-time best consumption?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have any of you noticed that the consumption graph dispayed on the car (when you go to view info on the main nav screen) -- shows blank dates for the date for all-time best consumption?
Have same thing even though followed instructions, and took to sales dealer this afternoon. (Didnt have any in stock to check) Told to call technical? we did program date on calendar that ok?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did not notice that behavior, but on mine every day displayed worse mileage than the average, which does not compute. Maybe a software update is needed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
everyone check your fuel consumption on the navigation screen and hit past history.
ours does not work there.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Hi everyone,

The past record screen works only when you clear your average MPG BEFORE you start driving at the start of every trip, just like in the Prius and various other Toyota/Lexus hybrid cars w/ the energy monitor. Just press Disp. on your steering wheel until you see the Average MPG screen in your multi-information display (MID) in your gauge cluster. Press and hold the Disp. button again and it should reset the MID. Your past record screen will then display the date correctly and begin recording your consumption per trip.

Good luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi everyone,

The past record screen works only when you clear your average MPG BEFORE you start driving at the start of every trip, just like in the Prius and various other Toyota/Lexus hybrid cars w/ the energy monitor. Just press Disp. on your steering wheel until you see the Average MPG screen in your multi-information display (MID) in your gauge cluster. Press and hold the Disp. button again and it should reset the MID. Your past record screen will then display the date correctly and begin recording your consumption per trip.

Good luck.
Thanks so much-will try later!
PS (march 23) think I got it! Date and MPG now show!! 45.7 mostly local

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi everyone,

Good luck.
I'm sorry but that's not correct and doesn't work as designed. The Gen II Prius would have lifetime historicals, the Gen III ditched the dates but showed records. This does neither. It only works once after a single drive where you delete the history, but then you lose the "all time best" (purpose of the screen.)

The whole purpose of tracking best MPG by date is completely defeated if you have to clear it before every trip!

We need a bit of software magic here.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Oops. MattD, i just read your first post. You were referring to the consumption graph. I haven't looked on that screen yet to look for what you were talking about.

I got distracted by trove's post about checking our past history screen.

Isn't the consumption screen supposed to be the same as the one on the prius? I've never driven in a prius, so I don't really have a frame of reference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oops. MattD, i just read your first post. You were referring to the consumption graph. I haven't looked on that screen yet to look for what you were talking about.

I got distracted by trove's post about checking our past history screen.

Isn't the consumption screen supposed to be the same as the one on the prius? I've never driven in a prius, so I don't really have a frame of reference.
It's closest to the Gen II Prius with a bit of Gen III thrown in... It's an improvement over the Gen III Prius, but isn't working... :-(

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
The consumption graph is quite similar to the one I had with my camry hybrid with nav, i just forgot how to make sure the best mpg is recorded, need to carefully look at the screen module!

Walter

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep, I got it to work. You just have to clear (or reset might be a better word) the previous trip to start a new record. That will move the current record into a previous trip and start your new record. Reset it every time you want to save history. It's like setting a "trip" odometer, but with the added feature that it saves the history. Works great, but a little non-intuitive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think it should work in a way that it will record itself everytime when we start our new trip.
Because the way it works now seem to me that, after we clear everything,
then it will record the today trip. and then the next day, before i strat driving i have to use my reset throught the MID display. So it will start recording...

·
Registered
609 Posts
I think the way it is working now is good. If the record is set automatically on every trip, you would not be able to get the avg in history for a multi-days road trip. The current design let you have control of when to move on to the next record.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I reset the MID display on every fillup to track the average consuption by tank. The generates a historical graph in the past screen with each entry representing the last 5 days usage. I have about a 90 mile commute to work every day. It lets me analysis what just happened as it relates to how I've been driving, weather conditions and if something needs to be looked at. I've been averaging about 42mpg with highs of 48 to lows of 40. I like the ability to choose the intervals used to review.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yep, I got it to work. You just have to clear (or reset might be a better word) the previous trip to start a new record. That will move the current record into a previous trip and start your new record. Reset it every time you want to save history. It's like setting a "trip" odometer, but with the added feature that it saves the history. Works great, but a little non-intuitive.

I still don't get it. What does "clear the previous trip" mean? I reset both trip a and trip b. I've cleared the data on the past history screen and that didnt work either. It didn't move the last data to the left

The manual says:
Displays the average fuel consumption between each reset of the total average fuel consumption on the multi-information display. What the heck???

At my last fill up, I reset both trip odometers. My avg mpg says 51.5 on my multi informational display <g>. The past history is reading about 40 mpg. When I bought the car, this was working correctly. I had at least 2 bars on this display. After I cleared it the first time, only one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just press Disp. on your steering wheel until you see the Average MPG screen in your multi-information display (MID) in your gauge cluster. Press and hold the Disp. button again and it should reset the MID. Your past record screen will then display the date correctly and begin recording your consumption for your new "trip." I just do this at every fill up.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just press Disp. on your steering wheel until you see the Average MPG screen in your multi-information display (MID) in your gauge cluster. Press and hold the Disp. button again and it should reset the MID. Your past record screen will then display the date correctly and begin recording your consumption for your new "trip." I just do this at every fill up.
Yes! Thank you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts