Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, from a new subscriber. I will be shopping for my CT200h tomorrow. I have a 2010 RX350, matador red with cream leather interior that my wife drives. I have been very unhappy with the integrity of the leather in the RX due to how soft it is. We have 3 dogs; a 90 lb. Golden Retriever, 70 lb. Labrador Retriever and a 15 lb. West Highland White Terrier. How soft is the leather in the CT and how does the Nuluxe seem to wear? Any recommendations from dog lovers?

Second question: I can't find the size of the cargo compartment with the rear seat lowered on any site. Does anyone have that info? I hope the CT with the rear seat lowered can haul my canine crew. I presently drive an 08 Cayenne S and love the performance, but not the expense associated with it.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Still too early on the Nuluxe wear as it's still fairly new and I doubt anyone has more than 20K miles on their CT yet. My sense is the Nuluxe won't do that well if the dogs are directly on it w/ their paws, leather would be a better choice IMO. Sorry, I don't know the cargo area w/ the seats down.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Hi, from a new subscriber. I will be shopping for my CT200h tomorrow. I have a 2010 RX350, matador red with cream leather interior that my wife drives. I have been very unhappy with the integrity of the leather in the RX due to how soft it is. We have 3 dogs; a 90 lb. Golden Retriever, 70 lb. Labrador Retriever and a 15 lb. West Highland White Terrier. How soft is the leather in the CT and how does the Nuluxe seem to wear? Any recommendations from dog lovers?

Second question: I can't find the size of the cargo compartment with the rear seat lowered on any site. Does anyone have that info? I hope the CT with the rear seat lowered can haul my canine crew. I presently drive an 08 Cayenne S and love the performance, but not the expense associated with it.

Thanks!
Get the Kurgo Wander Hammock and the Kurgo Backseat Barrier. Ihave a 80 lb Golden and it works great. The hammock protects the seat fits over the headrests; is easy to put in take-out and easy to clean. The Barrier keeps the dog in the back seat. A little more effort to install so I keep it in the car.

I have nuluxe and I am please with the wear so far.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Get the Kurgo Wander Hammock and the Kurgo Backseat Barrier. Ihave a 80 lb Golden and it works great. The hammock protects the seat fits over the headrests; is easy to put in take-out and easy to clean. The Barrier keeps the dog in the back seat. A little more effort to install so I keep it in the car.

I have nuluxe and I am please with the wear so far.
The rear headrests fold down? :eek:

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Rear head rest - Lock release button

The rear headrests fold down? :eek:
Yes, you can push the lock-release button to fold them down or leave them up which you do when you put in the dog hammock. ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts

Thanks!
With both rear seats folded down cargo area = 30 cubic ft.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haul my greyhound

Thanks!
he is very tall and long. It's tight on height but other it's great!

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is my first "non-cloth" interior car in many years. I like the looks and feel of the nuluxe, and I haul my bike in the car a lot. The light parchment (almost white) interior does clean up well from wheel scuffs, etc. My Prius, though more comfortable as a cloth seating surface, didn't clean as easily. On a hot day, even with AC on, my back gets soaking wet with the nuluxe, never did with the Prius cloth.

As for space, I can get my full size road bike in the back (seats down). It is easier if I remove the front wheel, but can be done wheels on. The hatch opening makes inserting the bike kind of a struggle, unless I pop the front wheel off.

I'm totally happy with the useable cargo, less happy with the material comfort and lack of rear legroom. The seats are very comfortable, and much mure adjustable than my Prius.

I don't have a dog, but the doggy blankets pictures above should work pretty well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The salesman explained to me that NuLuxe was an extra durable material developed by NASA -- and actually is 2x as durable as the leather option.

I don't know if it's the truth but that's what he said.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The salesman explained to me that NuLuxe was an extra durable material developed by NASA -- and actually is 2x as durable as the leather option.

I don't know if it's the truth but that's what he said.
I don't know if it is true either, but my dog loves to sit on it (he hates leather) and it will clean up very easily and thoroughly after he sits on it and drools.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I have the CT 200h with leather and I have 26k miles on my vehicle right now.

I also have an RX 450h with leather (obviously). I know what you mean by the leather being buttery soft, but not very durable.

The leather in the CT is much more thicker, but that doesn't necessarily equate to higher durability. The leather in the CT is more prone to cracking more than the leather in the RX450h.

I highly recommend the NuLuxe if you have dogs. I have a 60 lb pitbull/boxer mix and a 50 lb. olde english bulldogge. They have been in both vehicles.

I have tested the NuLuxe with my dogs as well. Not for 26k miles, mind you, since I do not own a vehicle with NuLuxe. I have stated that I thought the NuLuxe lasts longer and wears better than leather, and I still stand by that statement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got the NuLuxe and had the Xzilon applied to the entire car. I have two dogs and thought that if I was going 'green' and with having two dogs, leather was NOT the way to go. The Xzilon protection gives it the added protection and I wasn't as keen on the feel of the leather interior anyway.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I got the NuLuxe and had the Xzilon applied to the entire car. I have two dogs and thought that if I was going 'green' and with having two dogs, leather was NOT the way to go. The Xzilon protection gives it the added protection and I wasn't as keen on the feel of the leather interior anyway.
I suspect that the dealer is very happy that you had the Xzilon applied. A sealant is a sealant. You are paying for an insurance policy that you will probably never collect on. But it is your money and your car. Enjoy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts