Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Ecru nuluxe interior and went through a few threads on here and club lexus. Where people were asking what they used to clean our nuluxe and a few people purchased "vinylex" was just curious now that a lot of you have had your CTs for a bit if there was anything else out there that people had good results from or if anyone uses vinylex and likes/dislikes it? Thanks

·
Registered
842 Posts
I think almost anything will work. I have used Vinylex, I have used Meguiars and other things. They all work quite well. Even a damp cloth will do.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had some brand new leather wipes I tried the other day (I know its not leather) but they didnt do anything lol. So when you used meguiars was it a vinyl or leather cleaner you bought? Do you have the ecru nuluxe aswell? Im curious how it holds up to jeans bleeding on to the seats.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I just used the Meguiars spray quick interior cleaner and another time I used the Ultimate protectant spray. Spray the entire seat, let it sit a short while and wipe it all off, leave it a while before you sit on it, or your clothes might pick up some. One product that surprised me was Turtle Wax Ice. They have a nice interior cleaner that has a very nice, clean smell and I have the gel that you wipe on and wipe off after a few minutes. Gives a nice, subdued sheen and cleans well.

I also used 303 cleaner and it worked fine, but it costs more so I save it for my car with leather seats and my boat.

·
Registered
688 Posts
So far I don't use anything but a microfiber cloth to wipe it down when I clean the car. If there was some dirt or something stuck on the seat I would use my 303 wipes, but so far I have never had anything stuck to the seats.

·
Registered
842 Posts
So far I don't use anything but a microfiber cloth to wipe it down when I clean the car. If there was some dirt or something stuck on the seat I would use my 303 wipes, but so far I have never had anything stuck to the seats.
Yeah, I used to do that before I got Henry, the wonder dog. He has a tendency to forget to wipe his paws and he drools even more than I do, so although I have a very nice doggie rug for him to stand up on (safely buckled, of course), the edges catch some dirt.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you are still looking for suggestions, I used Mothers VLR to clean the interior. It works great! - Here are is a before and after shot of my passenger door. Mothers VLR - Imgur I like the look and smell of the spray after its been applied. It doesn't leave behind any weird sheen. Simple and it works!

·
Registered
842 Posts
As has been said before: Almost anything (including a damp towel) works, IF YOU USE IT. On the other hand, if you don't, then nothing works. The hard part is picking it up and getting to it. I always have something better to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts